IT Program Manager - Military Veterans
Summary / Description
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer service oriented Program Manager to join our team in Washington, DC. to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
In this role you will
- Performs day-to-day management of overall project contract support for applications development. Organizes, directs, and coordinates the planning and production of all project contract support activities.
- Identifies and acquires resources. Coordinates the efforts of team members and teaming partners in order to deliver projects according to scope, budget, and schedule. Lead Full Stack resources across Agile teams.
- Responsible for demonstrating a comprehensive understanding of the Immigration customer environments, platforms, Agile development practices that align with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Systems Engineering Life Cycle (SELC). Oversee the design, development and quality assurance of the project that delivers business and mission value.
- Work closely with upper management to make sure that the scope and direction for the project is on schedule and on budget.
- Work with product teams, stakeholders, and management to improve performance and outcomes. Provide Agile coaching, facilitation, training, mentoring, impediment management, and leadership in support of collaboration, development consistency, and value delivery.
- Builds and maintain strong client relationships. Participate in and lead (when appropriate) client meetings regarding performance to ensure client satisfaction.
- Identify organic opportunities for growth with the client that include innovative services and solutions that satisfy the customer mission while demonstrating beneficial outcomes (such as reduced Total Cost of Ownership, operational efficiency, increased velocity of product delivery, or reduced costs). Promote the company's capabilities to achieve contract extensions and to win additional business within the account.
- Serve as the primary point of contact to the client(s) regarding overall and day-to-day application service delivery.
- Ensures SLAs (service level agreements) and KPI (key performance indicators) as defined in the relevant contracts are met or exceeded.
- Make certain that implementations and ongoing services are delivered on time, on budget, meet the customer's requirements and are delivered with the highest degree of quality that delight the customer.
- Ensures that operational teams and subcontractors maintain a clear understanding of the client's needs, and provides day-to-day client advice and support.
- Support as needed the business development team in government Request for Proposal (RFP) or Request for Quotation (RFQ) efforts by providing Immigration domain and customer subject matter expertise and knowledge.
- Provide dedicated support to help shape and define both the strategic and tactical approach for technical solutions in response to RFPs/RFQs. Support portions of writing assignments in response to RFPs/RFQs as necessary. Assist the development of resource estimations to deliver application services bound to customer requirements.
- Bachelor's degree and minimum 5 years experience or equivalent.
- U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
- Experience managing a team of 25+ staff members
- Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree and 10 years (minimum) of relevant work experience.
- Agile experience in disciplines such as Scrum and Kanban
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
We are always looking for team members that have what it takes to be mission critical. At Unisys Federal Systems, our team supports the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers.
Our team members gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.
Solving Complex Client Challenges with Reliable IT Solutions
We’re a worldwide technology services and solutions company dedicated to providing clients with reliable, secure IT solutions to cut costs and optimize performance. We apply Unisys expertise in consulting, systems integration, outsourcing, infrastructure, and server technology to help our clients achieve their business goals. We give our clients the visibility to see their business more clearly—ahead of decision points, investments, and risks.
An Innovative Company with a Global Reach
And we’re not just in one or two countries—we're global, operating in over 100 countries and in both hemispheres. So no matter where you are in the world—we’re there too.