Systems Administrator - Military Veterans
Summary / Description
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Systems Administrator to join our team in Reston, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
In this role you will Install, configure, and maintain operating system workstations and servers in support of the TSA STIP (Security Transportation Integration Program) DOMAIN program.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities
- At least 3 years of direct IT systems development, maintenance and/or networked systems
- Experience in development and Operations and Maintenance to include software releases and system upgrades
- Responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining operating system workstations and servers in support of business process requirements
- Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures
- Installs new software releases, system upgrades, evaluates and installs patches, and resolves software related problems
- Monitors and tunes the system to achieve optimum performance levels
- Ensures workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions
- Performs system backups and recovery, maintains data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity
- Inventory 100% of all government furnished equipment
- Administer Remote Desktop Tools
- Cloud migration support for Azure, AWS
- U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
- Experience conducting software releases, systems upgrades, evaluating security patches and resolving software related problems in a Federal government contracting environment
- Education/Experience: Bachelor’s Science degree and three (3) years of system or software testing, software development, IT operations, application development or systems implementation.
- Preferred: At least three (3) years of experience supporting TSA/DHS or similar security or law enforcement agency
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.
Solving Complex Client Challenges with Reliable IT Solutions
We’re a worldwide technology services and solutions company dedicated to providing clients with reliable, secure IT solutions to cut costs and optimize performance. We apply Unisys expertise in consulting, systems integration, outsourcing, infrastructure, and server technology to help our clients achieve their business goals. We give our clients the visibility to see their business more clearly—ahead of decision points, investments, and risks.
An Innovative Company with a Global Reach
And we’re not just in one or two countries—we're global, operating in over 100 countries and in both hemispheres. So no matter where you are in the world—we’re there too.