Chief Solutions Architect - Military Veterans
Summary / Description
We are looking for a hief Solutions Architect to join our team in Reston, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
Position Requirements Summary:
Experience leading enterprise architecture across a complex application portfolio (hundreds of applications) utilizing multiple database and middleware technologies: DMS II, MySQL, Oracle, Sybase ASE/IQ, JBoss; languages: mainframe COBOL, Java, HTML, XML, Visual C++, Appian, Apex (force.com) and others; Business Intelligence tools: Business Objects; Content Management: Documentum; SOA: SOA Software BackPlane, JBoss; hosted in Government Owned and Contractor Owned (Contractor Operated) Data Centers as well as Cloud Hosted environments.
• Provide technical direction, vision and strategy to evolve the technical reference model in the environment, and develop technology and architecture roadmaps for this large and complex application portfolio that includes Acquisition, eCommerce, Contract Management, Supply Chain, Motor Vehicle Management, and Transportation systems.
• The ideal candidate will have a good mix of Technical Skills, Business Acumen, and a strong desire to support the customer. The ideal candidate will need to understand the detail behind the solutions and also be able to communicate the high level vision and present to needs. The ideal candidate will be acting as a lead technologist for this program and should have a broad understanding of technology and how to apply them for best results.
• As a Chief Solutions Architect, responsible for the design of complex transformational strategies and comfortable in leading the development of solutions. The role requires tools, frameworks, and design patterns for solutions. Responsible to contribute to frameworks, develop reusable domain solutions, and mentor internal & external stakeholders on the use of the tools.
• Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills, including experience in presenting material to senior Government officials
• Demonstrated use of advanced problem solving skills, business skills, solid verbal and written communication skills, excellent relationship building skills, as well as strong leadership and team management skills.
• Demonstrated experience in the use of Agile Methodologies and Cloud-based Application Development tools.
• Several vendor Certifications in Microsoft, Java as well as Open Source Tools and languages Advanced Academic Technical or Management Master’s Degree and 15 years experience required.
• Past experience working with GSA is desired
• Federal Enterprise Architecture Certification desired
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.
Solving Complex Client Challenges with Reliable IT Solutions
We’re a worldwide technology services and solutions company dedicated to providing clients with reliable, secure IT solutions to cut costs and optimize performance. We apply Unisys expertise in consulting, systems integration, outsourcing, infrastructure, and server technology to help our clients achieve their business goals. We give our clients the visibility to see their business more clearly—ahead of decision points, investments, and risks.
An Innovative Company with a Global Reach
And we’re not just in one or two countries—we're global, operating in over 100 countries and in both hemispheres. So no matter where you are in the world—we’re there too.