Summary / Description
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Release and Deployment Lead to join our team in Rockville, MD to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
In this role you will manage the human resources of an organizational project, participate in the technical activities, schedules and costs associated with that project. You will establish business processes and support critical business strategies by directing the design, development, implementation, and support of software products and ensure that well-defined processes are used to deliver and maintain the project.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Experience supporting software environments and release deployment in a similar environment (minimum of 4,000 workstations and 1,000 servers) and have orchestrated and executed complex releases and updates in both environments
- AGILE and ITIL expertise as well as experience in leveraging the applicable aspects of each discipline into a client’s Release and Deployment processes
- Working knowledge of Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Experience identifying and offering improvements and enhancements to a client’s Release process and to work with the client to implement changes
- Demonstrated knowledge of programming constructs such as Visual Basic or PowerShell, so as to facilitate customized deployments
- Experience acting as a liaison between a Release and Deployment team and other teams associated with workstation and server maintenance and operations
- Experience preparing and maintaining communications templates for all deployment activities as well as operate and update web and/or SharePoint portals with associated information
U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree and 10 years of relevant work experience.
Experience with multiple development methods and practices, specifically Agile and DevOps.
Java, Python, C/C++, Windows, Unix (Linux, Solaris)
Prefer Rational Jazz, AIX, HPUX experience
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.
Solving Complex Client Challenges with Reliable IT Solutions
We’re a worldwide technology services and solutions company dedicated to providing clients with reliable, secure IT solutions to cut costs and optimize performance. We apply Unisys expertise in consulting, systems integration, outsourcing, infrastructure, and server technology to help our clients achieve their business goals. We give our clients the visibility to see their business more clearly—ahead of decision points, investments, and risks.
An Innovative Company with a Global Reach
And we’re not just in one or two countries—we're global, operating in over 100 countries and in both hemispheres. So no matter where you are in the world—we’re there too.