Summary / Description
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Cloud Engineer to join our team in Washington, DC to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
Participate as a member of the Unisys Mobility Program Management Office (MPO) Technical Services Team. Provide technology task support to include support of the Cloud Program Management Office (PMO), engineering and transition of systems and applications to an AWS cloud environment, Program management, development of an Agile methodology and cloud security.
Job Duties include:
- Provide technical support for application hosting decisions.
- Assist in the development of patterns and practices.
- Provision, configure and administrate Cloud services for the enterprise aligned with best practices.
- Transition planning and implementing systems and applications to the AWS Cloud.
- Draft roadmap of actions and requirements to get to a mature enterprise hybrid cloud model.
- Define and establish baseline and future cloud architecture based on business needs.
- Perform Scrum Master duties and provide status reporting of team activities.
- Gather and document project requirements.
- Participate in meetings and generate appropriate project status updates.
- Maintain timely status inputs and corrections for accurate reporting.
- Track and document project change plans.
Skills and Experience:
The candidate shall have knowledge in the following areas:
- Experience in AWS cloud engineering.
- Experience in designing and developing enterprise cloud solutions.
- Experience in implementing application migrations to cloud providers.
- Experience in hybrid architecture design.
- Experience in identifying business needs.
- Understands Federal government security and compliance requirements (FISMA, FIPS Pub 199, NIST SP 800-37).
- Understands basics of project management.
- Well-developed interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Proven experience in solution development life cycle methods, tools and techniques, using Agile principles preferred.
- Strong leadership, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Superior written communication and presentation skills.
- BS and 5 years of relevant experience
- ONLY US Citizens No Exceptions
- Must already possess a Top Secret clearance
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.
Solving Complex Client Challenges with Reliable IT Solutions
We’re a worldwide technology services and solutions company dedicated to providing clients with reliable, secure IT solutions to cut costs and optimize performance. We apply Unisys expertise in consulting, systems integration, outsourcing, infrastructure, and server technology to help our clients achieve their business goals. We give our clients the visibility to see their business more clearly—ahead of decision points, investments, and risks.
An Innovative Company with a Global Reach
And we’re not just in one or two countries—we're global, operating in over 100 countries and in both hemispheres. So no matter where you are in the world—we’re there too.