Systems Engineer- National technical Meane (NTM): E - Expert Level (4) 50131 (M-20-E12) - Military Veterans
Summary / Description
We are seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Systems Engineer interested in joining our team in Chantilly, VA and exploring an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
Successful candidates must:
• Demonstrate the ability to lead efforts to capture users’ needs by performing requirements elicitation directly with stakeholders, drafting CONOPS, and documenting requirements to implement changes to the NGA and NSG operational baselines
• Serve on integrated cross-functional teams supporting detailed trade studies and Analysis of Alternatives (AoAs)
• Define and document interfaces, system specs and capability requirements
• Conduct end-to-end requirements analysis to ensure systems being implemented comply with IC and NGA standards and policies, and support NSG enterprise control gates
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Leading joint CONOPS and requirements development for integration and initialization of NTM capabilities into NGA ground enterprise
• Conducting AoA studies to optimize and inform decision making on potential NTM changes (cost/schedule/performance); it is expected there will be at least 3 AoA recommendations on specific issues
• Leading and facilitating large group TEMs with disparate members to reach requirement consensus to capture strategic capabilities for customers, both internal and external
• Tracking and documenting all modifications to the current NGA Enterprise baseline for issues which may affect NTM and providing updates on the NGA architecture whenever a change is proposed
• Performing end-to-end analysis to determine which requirements may already be satisfied by existing systems and which requirements need to be allocated to new or existing systems
• Developing clear, consistent, testable acceptance criteria and requirements, and ensuring proper traceability between different levels of requirements and architecture
• Executing end- to-end joint RFC process to develop new requirements which may impact NGA and the Mission Partner and preparing and coordinating required documentation
• Developing CONOPS for NTM data products and services
• Active TS/SCI clearance
• BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Math, or equivalent experience
• 10+ years of Systems Engineering and Integration (SE&I) experience (e.g., requirements, CONOPS , architecture, analysis, capabilities implementation, SLC process experience),
• Demonstrated systems engineering experience defining and documenting system Concepts of Operations and documenting functional and performance requirements for NGA systems
• Working knowledge of NGA systems and applications and their interdependencies
• Working knowledge of, and demonstrated experience with NSG change management processes (e.g., RFC process)
• Ability to work independently and within a team environment
• Good customer teaming skills; ability to collaborate in cross-functional teams
• Strong interpersonal, problem solving, organizational and multi-tasking skills
• MS in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Math, or related scientific or technical discipline
• IT credentials and certifications (e.g., DAWIA, PMP, INCOSE, ITIL, CISSP and SAFe Agile)
• Demonstrated ability to lead multi-disciplinary project teams
• Experience identifying, developing, and maintaining internal and external system interfaces
• Requirements performance analyses experience
• Rationale DOORs experience
• Experience using MS Office tools to include MS Project and Visio
• Experience using System Architecture
• Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills, and ability to lead technical forums
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
We are always looking for team members that have what it takes to be mission critical. At Unisys Federal Systems, our team supports the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers.
Our team members gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.
Solving Complex Client Challenges with Reliable IT Solutions
We’re a worldwide technology services and solutions company dedicated to providing clients with reliable, secure IT solutions to cut costs and optimize performance. We apply Unisys expertise in consulting, systems integration, outsourcing, infrastructure, and server technology to help our clients achieve their business goals. We give our clients the visibility to see their business more clearly—ahead of decision points, investments, and risks.
An Innovative Company with a Global Reach
And we’re not just in one or two countries—we're global, operating in over 100 countries and in both hemispheres. So no matter where you are in the world—we’re there too.