Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) - Military Veterans
Summary / Description
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) to join our team in Alexandria, VA, to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Must be able to favorably pass government background investigation
- Minimum of 2-4 years’ specific experience with NIST 800-53 policies
- hExcellent communication skills with the ability to state messages in a clear and concise manner over any form of communication.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and re-prioritize work in a fast paced environment
- Senior level of experience in engineering IT systems, as well as working knowledge of current technologies.
- Ability to learn an application environment in order to update or create supported security documentation.
- Must be able to perform all tasks related to perform a system Certification a
- Experience in accreditation and assuring the system is compliant with all required security controls as defined by agency policies.
- Ability to review system configurations to ensure they are in accordance with agency hardening guidelines.
- Experience in reviewing proposed change requests related to system design / configuration and perform security impact analysis.
- Experience in reviewing monthly vulnerability scan reports and track and address weaknesses in POA&Ms as needed.
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.
Solving Complex Client Challenges with Reliable IT Solutions
We’re a worldwide technology services and solutions company dedicated to providing clients with reliable, secure IT solutions to cut costs and optimize performance. We apply Unisys expertise in consulting, systems integration, outsourcing, infrastructure, and server technology to help our clients achieve their business goals. We give our clients the visibility to see their business more clearly—ahead of decision points, investments, and risks.
An Innovative Company with a Global Reach
And we’re not just in one or two countries—we're global, operating in over 100 countries and in both hemispheres. So no matter where you are in the world—we’re there too.