Java/JEE Developer (Senior) - Military Veterans
Summary / Description
We are seeking motivated, career and customer oriented Senior Java/JEE Developer, interested in joining our team in Kingstowne, VA, and exploring an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and implement Micro Service Architecture JEE software applications
- Use modern software engineering tools including Eclipse, Rational Application Developer (RAD), and Atlassian Suites for design, development, and testing the software
- Present the solution at formal and informal design reviews, and document the design according to the Government’s system lifecycle methodology
- Provisioning, operating, and maintaining systems running on AWS (or equivalent cloud providers)
- Java Micro Service Architecture frameworks such as Spring Boot
- Java Frameworks such as Spring, Grails, and Play
- XML, JSON
- SQL, JDBC
- Unix, Linux
- Experience with object-oriented analysis and design techniques
- Thorough understanding of infrastructure (firewalls, load balancers, storage, monitoring, security etc.) and have experience with orchestration to develop a cloud solution
- Scalable Web Applications
- High level of self-motivation, desire to deliver stellar solutions and willingness to work in a distributed team environment
- Ability to lead and mentor junior level developers
Desired knowledge and experience includes
- Experience with architecting, designing and/or developing a biometric search system
- Developing 100% automating unit tests using SOAP-UI, Selenium, or equivalent tools
- Software Configuration Management (SCM) tools (Git and Gradle/Maven)
- with Jenkins and/or Bamboo with Zuul and Eureka or equivalent tools
- Load Balancing and Enterprise Service Bus frameworks (preferably under Cloud environment)
- Agile Scrum and possibly experience with leading a Scrum team as a scrum master or equivalent
- Biographic/document text matching using a framework such as Lucene/Solr, ElasticSearch, Sphinx, etc.
- DynamoDB, HBase, MongoDB, Cassandra JQuery, AngularJS, NodeJS
- Masters in Computer Science or related field and a minimum 10 years of experience or equivalent blend of education and experience.
- Clearance – Must pass CBP BI and must have a DoD Secret or be eligible to obtain one
- Citizenship – Must be a US Citizen
- LOCATION: Kingstowne, VA (Alexandria)
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
We are always looking for team members that have what it takes to be mission critical. At Unisys Federal Systems, our team supports the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers
Our team members gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.
Solving Complex Client Challenges with Reliable IT Solutions
We’re a worldwide technology services and solutions company dedicated to providing clients with reliable, secure IT solutions to cut costs and optimize performance. We apply Unisys expertise in consulting, systems integration, outsourcing, infrastructure, and server technology to help our clients achieve their business goals. We give our clients the visibility to see their business more clearly—ahead of decision points, investments, and risks.
An Innovative Company with a Global Reach
And we’re not just in one or two countries—we're global, operating in over 100 countries and in both hemispheres. So no matter where you are in the world—we’re there too.