Systems Engineer- National Technical Means (NTM):L-SME Level (5) (50244) - Military Veterans
Summary / Description
We are seeking motivated, career and customer oriented Systems Engineer- National Technical Means (NTM) SME interested in joining our team in Springfield, VA and exploring an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
Provides NGA Source Analyst/Tradecraft expertise to technical planning and full lifecycle SE&I (e.g., Requirements Definition, Enterprise Test Planning, Effectivity Management, and Milestone Readiness Planning and Assessment), for the NSG ground enterprise mission capabilities, leveraging Mission Partner, NGA systems, and GEOINT source data, to integrate a new Motion Imagery resource into the NSG to drive mission tradecraft transformation. Ensures understanding of customer and product requirements and decomposes the needs into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Maintains strong awareness of Source tradecraft advancements, GEOINT domain, TCPED (Tasking, Collection, Processing, Exploitation, Dissemination) trends, ongoing IC analytical initiatives (e.g., Structured Observation Management, Analytic Modernization, Model-driven Collection), and mission/business requirements.
Successful candidate must have demonstrated knowledge and hands-on experience with:
- NGA Source Operations, to include Tools, Workflows, and Mission Partner Interfaces
- Tasking and Collection methodologies and tradecraft within the NSG TCPED cycle, to include Tipping and Cueing constructs and related systems
- Collection modeling and/or collection automated strategy development
- Tradecraft advancement initiatives (e.g., SOM, ABI, Model Driven Collection, Automated Strategies)
- GEOINT data providers and sources
- Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as the Source Analyst/Tradecraft/Collection Modeling SME, providing dedicated support to the NTM-L PMO and Source Directorate, to engineer and drive technology-to-tradecraft-to operations advancement for new data source
- Tradecraft Development – Support development of Source Strategy Analyst Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs) incorporating new data sources and methodologies
- Operations & Technology Implementation/Usability – Develop/enhance forward-leaning User CONOPS, capturing Source Operations; support planning, testing, and demonstration activities
- Provide collection modeling and automated strategy SME support to Source in order to facilitate new methodologies incorporating more automation.
- Community Outreach & Training – Cultivate awareness to ASG/NSG introducing community to new capability, through development of outreach materials and messaging and support to Outreach/User Engagement activities; develop Source training methodology and content for NSG/ASG
- Generate new innovative use cases on an as-needed basis to provide Mission-based rationalization and trade-offs for capability enhancements or investments related to new data source/capability
- Through needs requirement analysis, identify functional needs gaps with respect to Source tradecraft/operations, to potentially augment existing requirements or generate new ones
- Provide Source SME support to Product definition, releasability, and classification efforts; identify Mission Utility for new Products
- Review NSG RFCs to assess and identify functional and operational baseline impacts
- Lead, coordinate, and participating in NGA and Joint Enterprise Working Groups, Technical Exchange Meetings, and User Forums
- Participating in Milestone Readiness Events (waterfall and agile) to evaluate Segment readiness and Design and satisfaction of Source-identified capabilities
- Identify, track, mitigate, and resolve technical risks and issues related to Source operations and the integration of new data source
- Conduct studies and AoAs, to identify dependencies and issues requiring corrective action or decisions to maintain mission capability cost, schedule, and performance
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Math, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 16 years of Source/GEOINT Collection Analyst experience, with 10 years of recent agency-specific experience
- In-depth knowledge of Mission Partner and NGA Source operations
- Demonstrated knowledge of the TCPED cycle, with hands-on experience with Tasking, Collection, and Processing and the associated systems / segments / tools and understanding of the interdependencies on NSG capabilities
- Ability to lead coordination efforts across the NGA/Source Directorate, NTM-L Project, Mission Partner, and NGA Segments (e.g., GIMS), to drive cross-Agency and segment integration and drive tradecraft transformation
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Good customer teaming skills; ability to collaborate in cross-functional teams
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- MS in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Math, or related scientific or technical disciplineIT credentials and certifications (e.g., DAWIA, PMP, INCOSE, ITIL, CISSP and SAFe Agile)
- Knnwledge of NSG change management processes (e.g., RFC process)
- Demonstrated ability to lead multi-disciplinary project teams
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills, and ability to lead technical forums
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.
Solving Complex Client Challenges with Reliable IT Solutions
We’re a worldwide technology services and solutions company dedicated to providing clients with reliable, secure IT solutions to cut costs and optimize performance. We apply Unisys expertise in consulting, systems integration, outsourcing, infrastructure, and server technology to help our clients achieve their business goals. We give our clients the visibility to see their business more clearly—ahead of decision points, investments, and risks.
An Innovative Company with a Global Reach
And we’re not just in one or two countries—we're global, operating in over 100 countries and in both hemispheres. So no matter where you are in the world—we’re there too.