Summary / Description
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented AWS Architect to join our team in Kingstowne, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
In this role you will work on the Travel Verification system. The ideal AWS Architect will have a background strong in development using Java/JEE and can act as development leader to advance CBP’s capabilities to deliver secure, compliant, and performant cloud architecture.
- Architect AWS solutions for cloud migration of custom and enterprise applications.
- Automate provisioning of cloud infrastructure to support the development organizations.
- Develop Cloud Native Architectures as part of re-architecting existing workloads.
- Develop and maintain AWS security governance framework based on best practices and industry standards.
- Evolve and standardize AWS Organizations and IAM reference architectures, to include multiple accounts, policies, roles, federation, and data protection
- Evaluate existing cloud security practices and establish recommendations for improvement.
- Ensure compliance to standards and policies by establishing regular audits, reports, and reviews.
- Support Information Security programs by implementing AWS strategies and solution architectures to accomplish objectives.
- Undertake AWS Security operations request with least privilege principle.
- Identify and adopt best practices, architectural solution patterns, new technologies to address current and future needs, and cloud based cost management strategies.
- Hands-on experience with a diverse set of Amazon Web Services (compute, storage, network, security, administration, application services, databases).
- Hands-on Experience with Java / JEE
- Operating Systems experience with UNIX / Linux
- JEE Server experience (Weblogic/Websphere/JBOSS/etc.)
- Experience with SQL
- Hands-on Experience migrating both custom built and enterprise apps to AWS.
- Hands-on Experience with AWS security, identity and compliance related disciplines such as IAM, Organizations, S3 bucket policies, WAF, Shield, ACM, KMS, etc.
- Expertise in the following AWS security domains: Incident Response, Logging and Monitoring, Infrastructure Security, Identity and Access Management, and Data Protection.
- Experience in security-based architecture and solutions to include the use of Security Groups, NACLs, encryption, authentication/authorization
- Ability to build architectures and provide prescriptive guidance across network, storage, operating systems, virtualization, RDBMS & NoSQL databases, mid-tier technologies that include application integration, Streaming, in-memory caches, and security.
- Ability to develop using AWS services (Route 53, ELB, EC2, ECS, SQS, SNS, CloudWatch, Lambda, Dynamo DB, Kinesis, etc.)
- Strong experience in using AWS Dynamo DB (or other NoSQL DB) and RDS
- Strong experience in building and deploying applications on the Cloud, using CI/CD frameworks and Infrastructure automation.
- Serve as technical liaison between customers, engineering & support teams
- Conduct deep-dive “hands-on” training sessions for developers and serve as AWS evangelist, educating development teams on AWS Services
- Participate in deep architectural discussions to build confidence and ensure customer success when building new and migrating existing applications, software and services on the AWS platform.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS SA community
- Excellent verbal/written communications & org skills with ability to facilitate meetings and conduct consulting activities
- Experience as a team lead in consultative role on customer engagements involving software application projects
- Ability to be hands-on in leadership roles as well as manage others to execute and deliver project deliverables
- Working knowledge all AWS web services. Knowledge of the following also beneficial:
- Cloud migration methodologies and processes, including tools like Racemi
- DevOps on an AWS platform
- Clearance – Must pass CBP BI and must have a DoD Secret or be eligible to obtain one
- Education & Experience - Master's degree and minimum 15 years of overall experience or equivalent blend of educaiton and experience.
- Citizenship – Must be a US Citizen
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.
Solving Complex Client Challenges with Reliable IT Solutions
We’re a worldwide technology services and solutions company dedicated to providing clients with reliable, secure IT solutions to cut costs and optimize performance. We apply Unisys expertise in consulting, systems integration, outsourcing, infrastructure, and server technology to help our clients achieve their business goals. We give our clients the visibility to see their business more clearly—ahead of decision points, investments, and risks.
An Innovative Company with a Global Reach
And we’re not just in one or two countries—we're global, operating in over 100 countries and in both hemispheres. So no matter where you are in the world—we’re there too.