Associate Merchandise Planner - Military Veterans
at Ross Stores, Inc.
Our values start with our people, join a team that values you!
We are the nation’s largest off-price retailer with over 2,000 stores, and a strong track record of success and growth. Our focus has always been bringing our customers a constant stream of high-quality brands and on-trend merchandise at extraordinary savings. All while providing a fun and exciting treasure hunt experience.
As part of our team, you will experience:
- Success. Our winning team pursues excellence while learning and evolving
- Career growth. We develop industry leading talent because Ross grows when our people grow
- Teamwork. We work together to solve the hard problems and find the right solution
- Our commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, and our community. We celebrate the backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us because our differences make us stronger. We strive to be a positive force in our community.
Our Corporate headquarters are in Dublin, CA, we have 3 buying offices in key markets in New York City, Los Angeles, and Boston, and 7 distribution centers nationwide. With 2022 revenues of $18.7 billion, we are a Fortune 500 company who is committed to providing an inclusive work environment with continuous learning opportunities and development for our teams.
Come see what’s in store: https://jobs.rossstores.com/creative/aboutASSOCIATE MERCHANDISE PLANNER
About this opportunity
The Associate Merchandise Planning Analyst will be responsible for planning, trending revisions, and OTB control from the classification level to the division level. Associate Planner will develop unit classification plans to support the open to ship allocation system. The Associate Planner partners with the Buying, Location Planning teams and Planning Management to identify business opportunities/risks to sales/margin and make recommendations accordingly.
The base salary range for this role is $80,000 - $87,000. The base salary range is dependent on factors including, but not limited to, experience, skills, qualifications, relevant education, certifications, seniority, and location. The range listed is just one component of the total compensation package for employees. Other rewards vary by position and location.
- Develop seasonal business plans through partnership with buying group and analysis of historical data to forecast trends
- Develop Pre-Season chain plans at the class level and In-Season forecasting of chain plans
- Monitor monthly performance to sales, inventory and margin targets
- Manage weekly OTB, identifying opportunities as needed
- Identify Early Warning Callouts and recommend courses of action to drive profitable sales and margin. Perform independent analysis as needed to identify opportunities
- Collaborate closely and builds trust among cross-functional partners to drive desired results
- Present and call out risks/opportunities to Management and Senior Merchants
Who you are
• You have a minimum of 2 years' retail merchandise planning experience; prefer to have at least 1 yr. of managing OTB experience
• You demonstrate decision-making ability
• You have the ability to partner and influence cross-functional partners
• You are highly proficient in Excel
• You are highly effective written and verbal communication skills
• You have strong analytical and conceptual skills
• You have strong retail math skills
• You have a strong knowledge of planning systems desirable, Arthur Planning is strongly desirable
• You have a 4-year college degree (required)
Perks and Benefits of joining our team
Our Associates are at the heart of everything we do and we're proud to offer a range of benefits that reflect how much we value their contributions. Here's a peek into what you can expect as an eligible Ross Associate:
- A broad range of affordable health insurance options, 401(k) with employer match, life insurance
- Ample PTO, paid holidays, and Summer Fridays, as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Charitable donations matched by Ross Stores Foundation
- Enhanced maternity and bonding leaves with 100% income replacement
- Parent support programs
- And more....
* eligibility may vary based on level and tenure, subject to change
At Ross & dd's we care about our Associates and the communities we serve. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture that respects, values and celebrates the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us.
New York, NY
At Ross Stores, we’ve found that transitioning service members, veterans and military spouses are a great fit for our culture and have the qualities we seek in our Associates. We offer many points of entry, across our entire organization, depending on your service, experience, and interests. We’ll give you a career, a challenge, and a place to call home.
Veterans are comfortable with a culture that focuses on leadership, execution and problem solving, as well as our commitment to providing actionable feedback.
We offer a similar experience to the structure of the military, with an emphasis on control, policy and protocol.
Like the military, we offer many training opportunities through our targeted learning programs and on-the-job training.
We offer the flexibility to control your career by relocating across our many locations for new opportunities.
Our organization is expanding rapidly, which creates many opportunities for individuals who have the desire to grow their career with us.
Whether in one of our Distribution Centers, Stores, Buying Offices or Corporate office, you will find yourself amongst peers that include other veterans and military spouses.