At SpartanNash, we deliver the ingredients for a better life through customer-focused innovation. We do this for our supply chain customers and U.S. military commissaries, retail store guests and, most importantly, our Associates. In fact, we see a day when each will say, "I can't live without them."
Our SpartanNash family of Associates is 17,500 strong, ranging from bakery managers to order selectors; from IT developers to vice presidents of finance; from HR Business Partners to export specialists. Each of them plays an integral role in SpartanNash's People First culture, Operational Excellence and Insights that Drive Solutions. Ready to contribute to the success of our food solutions company? Apply now!
850 76th Street S.W. - Byron Center, Michigan 49315
Our Internship Program: SpartanNash offers paid internships to active students interested in careers within the grocery industry, in areas such as accounting/finance, graphic services, human resources, corporate affairs and communications, information technology, management, marketing and merchandising, supply chain, engineering, and much more.
As a(n) Corporate Security Intern, you will be part of SpartanNash's Internship Program. At SpartanNash, our Internship Program is designed to give exposure to the grocery and distribution industry, be engaging in real-world problem-solving, and be immersive in social and educational opportunities with other interns. The internship is a paid, full-time summer opportunity from May 20th - August 9th.
- Work with physical security applications including electronic badge access, video management, alarm monitoring software and mass notification software
- Assist with threat and crisis management, and help triage incidents to ensure associate safety
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to contribute to its objectives
- Responsible to complete or participate in at least one strategic project (Capstone Project) during the internship and possibly give a short presentation to the executive team that showcases the project
- Participate in learning opportunities that may include tours of our warehouses and retail stores, a community service event (such as SpartanNash Expo, Helping Hands, or Special Olympics)
- Attend weekly professional development workshops for developing skills, team building, etc.
- Currently pursuing a bachelor's degree in:
- Criminal Justice or other Security related majors
- Be an active student through the summer
- Graduate after December 2024
- Be willing to attend mandatory, in-person events (2-3 events in Grand Rapids, Michigan including but not limited to orientation and/or intern gatherings)
- GPA of 3.0 or greater (Preferred)
- Relevant work experience such as a prior internship or campus experience (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office proficiency (Required)
- Strong problem-solving and analytical capabilities
- Effective communication skills
- Thrives in ambiguous situations
- Resilient to overcome obstacles
- Driven and demonstrates a bias for action
- Highly collaborative
- Flexible work program that supports work life balance, including a fully in-person work model, in Byron Center, MI
- Housing assistance is available to candidates who meet eligibility requirements.
Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences! Apply Today!
As part of our People First culture, SpartanNash is proud to offer a robust and competitive Total Rewards benefits package .
SpartanNash is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and veteran, that celebrates diversity and believes employing a diverse workforce is key to our success. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all individuals.
We are not able to sponsor work visas for this position.
Byron Center, MI
SpartanNash (Nasdaq: SPTN) is a food solutions company that delivers the ingredients for a better life. As a distributor, wholesaler and retailer with a global supply chain network, SpartanNash customers span a diverse group of national accounts, independent and chain grocers, e-commerce retailers, U.S. military commissaries and exchanges, and the Company’s own brick-and-mortar grocery stores, pharmacies and fuel centers.
SpartanNash distributes grocery and household goods, including fresh produce and its Our Family® portfolio of products, to locations in all 50 states, in addition to distributing to the District of Columbia, Europe, Cuba, Puerto Rico, Honduras, Iraq, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, Djibouti, Korea and Japan. To support its distribution business, the Company operates a strategically developed network of large-scale distribution facilities and a nationwide transportation fleet. In addition, the Company owns and operates 144 supermarkets – primarily under the banners of Family Fare, Martin’s Super Markets and D&W Fresh Market – and shares its operational insights to drive innovative solutions for SpartanNash food retail customers.