Service Manager - Nationwide! - Military Veterans
at Love's Travel Stops
Welcome to Love’s!
Where People are the Heart of Our Success
Working at Love′s as a Truck Care Service Manager is a very different job. We work hard for our customers and our teams. As a manager at Love′s, we empower you to be owner-operators and allow you to manage all aspects of your location. With a growing organization, the opportunities for career growth are endless.
"Run the Play"
A Truck Care Service Manager will help run our business by overseeing all operations in the truck care facilities where applicable. A Truck Care Service Manager will perform daily managerial duties by overseeing, directing and coordinating activities around the store to better serve customers.
Our Managers Go Beyond the Call of Duty
As a Truck Care Service Manager you will ensure our teams are focusing on the customer in everything we do. Sometimes it is just a smile, other times it will be listening to their feedback and adjust accordingly. Customers come back because of your team′s performance! When you persevere, we all are rewarded.
Benefits That Can't Be Beat
- Medical/Dental/Vision and Life Insurance Plans
- Flexible Scheduling
- Road to Success Program for career development
- On-the-job training
- Competitive pay (paid weekly)
- Quarterly Bonus
- Holiday pay
- 401(k) with matching contributions
- Pet Insurance
- Parental Leave
- Adoption Assistance
"Clean Places, Friendly Faces"
You will be working in a fast-paced environment. It will be your job to make sure we promote sales growth through merchandise execution and ensuring your team is well-trained to deliver world-class service.
To get started, we have to ask a few questions
- 2+ years retail, restaurant, travel stop or c-store, big box, grocery, or department store management experience
- 2+ years experience managing operations with an annual sales volume of $2+ million
- 2+ years experience effecting and deciphering budgets and P&L statements
- 2+ years experience supervising and training 5-10 employees
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50lbs on a regular basis
- Intermediate level PC skills including MS Outlook, MS Word, and MS Excel
All offers of employment may be conditioned on receipt of a background check report and/or drug screen that is acceptable to Love’s.
Some travel may be required.
Typical Physical Demands
- Regularly required to talk and hear
- Requires standing and walking, with some bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing
- Occasional lifting of up to 50lbs
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
While performing these duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to outdoor elements in all seasons. Occasionally, the employee will also be exposed to fumes and particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud at times. While performing these duties, the employee may be exposed to dirt, dust, grime, grease, oil, gas, high-concentrated cleaning solutions, etc.
From the founding of Love’s, our leaders have been passionate about providing excellent customer experiences and helping our Team Members grow. We do both within a culture of respect and inclusion. In order to sustain this culture, we will welcome individuals who are diverse in experiences, age, race, gender, sexual orientation, religion and physical or mental ability. Also, we are committed to sustaining a professional working environment where ALL people feel respected. By doing these things we will cultivate diversity of thought and a spirit of innovation.
Grow Far with Love's
As a family-based company, we are committed to adhering to our values. Ensuring that each of our people has success is central to these values. The Road to Success Program offers leadership and management skills training. If management is your path, we will help you get there. As a merit-based culture, we champion creative and valuable ideas and challenging work is not only recognized but rewarded. Whether you are looking for part-time work to supplement your income or to grow into a leadership role, with Love’s, all roads lead to success!
Love’s Travel Stops & Country Stores is the industry-leading travel stop network in the United States. For more than 55 years, we have provided customers with highway hospitality and “Clean Places, Friendly Faces.” We are passionate about serving drivers with clean, modern facilities stocked with fuel, food and supplies. We offer meals from popular restaurant chains, trucking supplies, showers and everything needed to get back on the road quickly.
The Love’s Family of Companies includes:
- Gemini Motor Transport, one of the industry’s safest trucking fleets
- Speedco, the light mechanical and trucking service specialists
- Musket, a rapidly growing, Houston-based commodities supplier and trader
- Trillium, a Houston-based alternative fuels expert
At Love's, we're passionate about providing friendly service and clean, modern facilities stocked with the fuel, food, and supplies drivers need to keep them going. We were founded on this idea in 1964, and it remains our guiding principle more than 40 years later: "Clean Places, Friendly Faces".
Love's has been at the forefront of the convenience store and travel center industry for more than three decades. We were among the first to combine self-service gasoline with grocery items, offer fresh deli sandwiches, add quick-service restaurants, and sell gift and novelty items. Today, we continue that spirit of innovation by adding Truck Tire Care centers and roadside assistance to our Travel Stops.
Who We Are Looking For
Love’s is looking for natural-born leaders, technicians, operators, and customer service team members. The skills and structure you bring from your military experience will strongly connect with Love’s fast-paced, multi-faceted and customer-focused work environment. Your ability to think strategically and execute tactically also translates well with our Love's team.
Testimonials from Military Team Members at Love’s:
- "After leaving active duty, I missed the brotherhood of the Marine Corps. At Love’s, that Esprit de Corps exists in a civilian setting!" ~ Angela
- "Love’s is like the military in its structure. You know what to do, when to do it and you’re given the guidance and leadership to do it." ~ Charles
- "Love's structure, camaraderie and intensity is very much like the military. They are going to push you further than you knew you were capable of, and they are not going to accept less than your best.” ~Kirk
Should I Apply?
Are you a military veteran or spouse who is looking for a civilian career that provides opportunities for growth and career advancement? Love’s is proud to hire veterans and active-duty service men and women. Leadership, strategy development and teamwork are the foundation for Love’s success, and we want your military experience to help you succeed in your career. Apply with Love’s today to take that next step in your journey.
What Happens After I Apply?
Once you click ‘Apply Now’, Love’s will receive a notification with your information. In order to be considered for next steps, please make sure you have an updated resume uploaded to your RecruitMilitary profile. Once Love’s reviews your resume and profile, a recruiter will reach out to provide you with more information and to schedule you for an interview.
How to Win An Interview
1. Review the job description.
2. Review the company website. Know their mission and values. What do they do? What are their products?
3. Prepare a few questions to ask on your interview.
4. Prepare to discuss your background and how it translates to the position.
5. Check out the RecruitMilitary Resources tab for resume guidance, interview prep and more!