Project Manager - Aviation - Military Veterans
at Turner Construction Company
Position Description: Leads, directs and coordinates the day-to-day management of the project.
Reports to: Senior Project Manager or Project Executive
Essential Duties & Responsibilities*:
- Lead in the development of high-performance teams through supervision, training, coaching, and mentoring. Ensure regular feedback is shared with staff including timely completion of employee performance appraisals.
- Manage and develop assigned staff toward maximum job performance and career potential.
- Develop and improve upon assigned client relationships fostering a “trusted advisor” status.
- Understand and administer Turner's contract and subcontract agreements.
- Provide leadership to positively influence change.
- Promote Turner's involvement in the community to help build strategic relationships and to embrace the community in which we live and work.
- Foster and enhance architect, subcontractor and vendor relations.
- Establish, update, and communicate the Master Project Schedule and manage its implementation.
- May work with preconstruction team in development of project.
- Manage budget and financial reporting, interpret and analyze reports to ensure adherence to project budget.
- Manage the Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) program.
- Provide leadership in risk evaluation, contract negotiations, fee and pricing decisions.
- Understand, comply and advise others on Turner's business ethics and compliance programs.
- Demonstrate high standard of persona; accountability and integrity. Mentor staff to the same high standards.
- Manage and oversee field operation and engineering processes and procedures.
- Drive competencies to team on requirements for insurance, labor relations, and employee relations.
- Drive enforcement of safety protocols by the project staff.
- Work with Finance to initiate the Pay Application process and follow up to ensure payment is received in a timely manner.
- Keep management informed on progress for project and budget through regularly scheduled Operations Review Meetings.
- Support and drive utilization of various Turner initiatives. Promote and utilize emerging technologies and innovations to support Tuner sustainable competitive advantages.
- Provide leadership to foster an environment of diversity and inclusion.
Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree plus a minimum of ten years related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience. Thorough knowledge of construction cost, scheduling, estimating, purchasing, and engineering principles and techniques, as well as accounting principles. Proven written and verbal communication abilities, proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Office Suite of programs. Must have advanced presentation skills. Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work, and project schedule. Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders, and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires the use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction worksite where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions, and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
*May perform other duties as assigned.
Turner is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities/ sexual orientation / gender identity. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Turner is a North American-based, international construction services company and is a leading builder in diverse market segments. The company has earned recognition for undertaking large, complex projects, fostering invocation, embracing emerging technologies, and making a difference for their clients, employees and community.
With a staff of 5,200 employees, the company completes 10 billion of construction on 1,500 projects each year. Turner offers clients the accessibility and support of a local firm with the stability and resources of a multi-national organization.
To be the highest value provider of global constriction services and technical expertise.