Traveling MEP Superintendent - MSG - Data Centers - Military Veterans
at Turner Construction Company
*** This position is for a fulltime traveling assignment. Locations area across the United States supporting our Data Center or EV projects and will report to our Global Critical Facilities (TECH) vertical. ***
Leads, directs and coordinates the work of subcontractors and/or Turner trade labor with regard to the Mechanical and Electrical systems included in the project. Responsible for ensuring safety, schedule delivery, quality of work performed and adherence to budget of the project. The Superintendent Mechanical-Electrical has supervisory responsibility for Assistant Superintendents, Field Engineers, Interns and trade labor in his/her area of responsibility.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities*:
Specifically relating to the mechanical and/or electrical systems (e.g. HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Low Voltage, Fire Sprinkler):
- Managing and making decisions related to the performance of work related to scheduling, delivery, logistics, quality control and trade employee staffing levels.
- Managint work among assigned trades to promote a coordinated project operation. Resolving local area problems regarding procedures, precedence, design clarifications, adequate labor and equipment, schedule and all other appropriate matters.
- Managing the overall site safety program as required and ensuring subcontractor compliance with Turner standards and all applicable safety codes and regulations.
- Supervising and developing Assistant Superintendents, Field Engineers and/or interns, as assigned, including providing input on or completing performance appraisals.
- Ensure strict adherence to ethics and compliance requirements at all times.
- Creating schedules and determining sequencing of work. Developing and implementing recovery strategies to maintain project schedule and budget.
- Communicating with owners and architects/engineers in connection with field issues. Investigating and resolving such issues.
- Managing the billing process as it relates to work in place and overseeing the monthly estimate of work completed, payrolls, material invoices and subcontractor payment applications.
- Managing the work to ensure that it is installed in compliance with and conforms to the approved contract documents.
- Working with the Engineer on the coordination effort for all mechanical and electrical systems, equipment and piping layouts for all trades on a master coordination set of drawings and 3D model securing the approval of the architects and engineers.
- Leading project inspections, startup, commissioning, turnover and training process, and punchlist required for acceptance and handover of all the systems.
- Coordinating, directing, and monitoring the activities of subcontractors and suppliers, to insure conformance with plans, specifications, local and national codes.
- Reviewing project changes in conjunction with the Project Engineer.
- Keeping detailed daily records of MEPS trade contractors' work progress.
- Participating in preconstruction efforts (e.g. constructability, logistics).
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree or at least four years of formal engineering or architectural experience and a minimum of six years of mechanical/electrical/plumbing construction experience required, or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience. Knowledge of building construction, means and methods, scheduling and cost control procedures, general contract, general conditions, subcontract documents, drawings and specifications. Specific knowledge of Mechanical and Electrical Systems. Thorough knowledge of building information modeling and its use in coordination of the Mechanical and Electrical systems and other project systems. Proven written and verbal communication abilities; proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Office suite. Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule. Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
Physical Demands: Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires useof hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud. *May perform other duties as assigned.
Turner is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities/ sexual orientation / gender identity. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Turner is a North American-based, international construction services company and is a leading builder in diverse market segments. The company has earned recognition for undertaking large, complex projects, fostering invocation, embracing emerging technologies, and making a difference for their clients, employees and community.
With a staff of 5,200 employees, the company completes 10 billion of construction on 1,500 projects each year. Turner offers clients the accessibility and support of a local firm with the stability and resources of a multi-national organization.
To be the highest value provider of global constriction services and technical expertise.