Traveling Senior Superintendent - MSG - Data Centers - Military Veterans
at Turner Construction Company
*** This position is for a fulltime traveling assignment. Locations area across the United States supporting our Data Center or EV projects and will report to our Global Critical Facilities (TECH) vertical. ***
Leads, directs and coordinates the work of subcontractors and/or Turner trade labor. The Superintendent is responsible for ensuring safety, schedule delivery, quality of work performed and adherence to budget of the project. The Superintendent has supervisory responsibility for Assistant Superintendents, Field Engineers, Interns and trade labor in his/her area of responsibility.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities*:
- Oversee and making decisions related to the performance of work related to scheduling, delivery, logistics, quality control and trade employee staffing levels.
- Oversee work among assigned trades to promote a coordinated project operations. Resolving local area problems regarding procedures, precedence, design clarifications, adequate labor and equipment schedule and all other appropriate matters.
- Manage the overall site safety program as required and ensuring subcontractor compliance with Turner standards and all applicable safety codes and regulations.
- Supervise and develop Assistant Superintendents, Field Engineers, and/or Interns, as assigned, including providing input on or completing performance appraisals.
- Create schedules and determine sequencing of work. Develop and implement recovery strategies to maintain project schedule.
- Communicate with owners and architects/engineers in connections with field issues. Investigate and resolve such issues.
- Manage the billing process as it relates to Work In Place (WIP) and overseeing the monthly estimate of work completed, payrolls, material invoices and subcontractor payment applications.
- Manage the work to ensure that it is installed in compliance with and conforms to the approved contract documents.
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree plus a minimum of ten years' related experience training and/or experience. Knowledge of building construction, means and methods, scheduling and cost control procedures, general contract, general conditions, subcontract documents, drawings and specifications, including Microsoft Office Suite and proficiency in EH&S applications. Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings specifications, scopes of work and project schedule. Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Performance of the duties will occasionally require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear (bells, whistles, etc.), stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
*May perform other duties as assigned.
Turner is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities/ sexual orientation / gender identity. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Turner is a North American-based, international construction services company and is a leading builder in diverse market segments. The company has earned recognition for undertaking large, complex projects, fostering invocation, embracing emerging technologies, and making a difference for their clients, employees and community.
With a staff of 5,200 employees, the company completes 10 billion of construction on 1,500 projects each year. Turner offers clients the accessibility and support of a local firm with the stability and resources of a multi-national organization.
To be the highest value provider of global constriction services and technical expertise.