Engineering Assistant/Field Engineer (Northern California - New College Grad '23-'24) - Military Veterans
at Turner Construction Company
Position Description: Involved in engineering and administration of projects, in the Special Projects Division (SPD) or in other Business Unit departments.
Reports to: Project Engineer or Engineer
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in obtaining and reviewing information and approvals for processing of shop drawings, product data, and samples and assist in communication of information across all levels of project team.
- Assist in managing other aspects of communication including submission and responses for Requests for Information (RFI’s).
- Assist in preparing estimates for changes in work including review of Change Order requests from subcontractors.
- Study contract drawings, specifications, and shop drawings to ensure proper coordination and installation.
- Assist in maintenance and updates of contract documents, electronic web-based documents, and project logs.
- Distribute information required for construction to appropriate parties.
- Assist Engineering to ensure materials and equipment are released for fabrication or manufacture in time to meet construction schedule.
- Assist in preparation of final records for project including close-out documents, Operations/Maintenance (OM) Manuals, and other related documentation.
- Other activities, duties, and responsibilities as assigned.
- Two years of college education from accredited degree program in Engineering, Construction, or relevant education
- Building construction, engineering, or equivalent experience, preferred
- Must have good interpersonal skills and ability to work within a team
- Demonstrate initiative and desire to learn
- Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing
- Proficient with computer applications, data entry, and Microsoft suite of applications
- Basic understanding of scheduling programs, desired.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands, talk, and hear. The employee frequently views a computer monitor and frequently uses a computer keyboard. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is regularly required to be mobile, and the employee occasionally travels both short and long distances via a variety of conveyances. The employee occasionally performs work on-site at construction work sites, office locations, and/or off-site venues. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office or remote setting. The noise in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate in an office setting. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally work at construction work sites where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts, high precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, and risk of electrical shock. The noise in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. The employee is required to work in compliance with company safety policies, procedures, and applicable laws.
Turner is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities/ sexual orientation / gender identity. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Turner is a North American-based, international construction services company and is a leading builder in diverse market segments. The company has earned recognition for undertaking large, complex projects, fostering invocation, embracing emerging technologies, and making a difference for their clients, employees and community.
With a staff of 5,200 employees, the company completes 10 billion of construction on 1,500 projects each year. Turner offers clients the accessibility and support of a local firm with the stability and resources of a multi-national organization.
To be the highest value provider of global constriction services and technical expertise.