Associate-IDAP Master Scheduler - Military Veterans
at Eli Lilly and Company
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
The Supply Chain organization has responsibility for scheduling the assembly and packaging processes for Indianapolis Device Assembly and Packaging (IDAP). The Associate – Master Scheduler is a key contact for all technical and tactical planning information in the area and is the key link for all functions in the plant and in the broader supply chain for scheduling updates and issue resolution.
The master scheduler is responsible for evaluation of capacity requirements for a resource and developing the assembly or packaging schedule. The scheduler’s focus is translating demand forecasts (commercial & development) into the master schedule (planned in monthly and weekly buckets) and preparing the weekly Capacity Requirements Plan (CRP) and monthly Sales and Operations Plan (S&OP) in order to coordinate all site production-related activities.
Safety & Quality
- Maintain a safe workplace through appropriate ergonomic practices (WorkPace compliance and use of ergo equipment)
- Maintain a state of compliance (learning plan, SOP adherence etc.)
- Coordination and optimization of both the short- and long-term production plans with operations capacity constraints to drive production to inventory targets for assembled and packaged materials
- Prepares and presents the CRP and S&OP presentations
- Converts the production plan to a master shop floor schedule
- Member of the Process Team, working with operations to resolve capacity challenges and unplanned production issues
- Processing of anticipated delay reports (ADR’s) and past due process orders
- General hub for all schedule related communication in the flow team; represent supply chain at flow and lead team meetings as required
- Work with buyers to ensure component availability to meet the plan
- Generate, analyze and report plant capacity analysis
- Perform scenario analysis to understand impact of various strategic options
- Partners with all team members to assure production plan is achievable
- Works with upstream and downstream master scheduler and global supply chain resources as needed to coordinate plans; works with other schedulers to trade off resources, as vital
- Integrates alternate demand into production schedule to meet site needs
SAP knowledge & Metrics
- Generates OSSCE (Operational Standards for Supply Chain) metrics
- Pareto analysis of OSSCE metrics
- Work with team members to improve plant supply chain processes and performance
- Help set up data in SAP as needed; work to ensure data is maintained accurately (recipes, standards, data clean-up, etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent work experience) in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or other technical field of study
- 2+ years of manufacturing experience preferred
- Knowledge / Experience in Manufacturing, Packaging, and/or Customer Service
- APICS certification preferred
- Previous experience using SAP
- Strong organizational and Project Management skills
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of MRPII, OSSCE helpful
- Customer oriented
- Excellent technical skills (e.g., MRP, SAP, Excel)
- 8 hour days - Monday through Friday
- May need to be available off shift and respond to operational issues as needed
- Minimal travel required (<5%)
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our employee resource groups (ERGs) offer strong support networks for their members and help our company develop talented individuals for future leadership roles. Our current groups include: Africa, Middle East, Central Asia Network, African American Network, Chinese Culture Network, Early Career Professionals, Japanese International Leadership Network (JILN), Lilly India Network, Organization of Latinos at Lilly, PRIDE (LGBTQ + Allies), Veterans Leadership Network, Women’s Network, Working and Living with Disabilities. Learn more about all of our groups.