Amentum is seeking an Aircraft Mechanic I in the Las Vegas, NV area. Under direct supervision of a lead Airlift mechanic or shift supervisor, performs inspection, maintenance and troubleshooting tasks on company aircraft.
- Individually performs inspections, scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on the company aircraft in accordance with FAA regulations, manufacturer and company maintenance manuals and procedures.
- Services, operates and maintains ground support equipment and performs interior and exterior cleaning of aircraft and work areas.
- Must precisely complete all maintenance documentation.
- Performs additional duties of a Flight Mechanic, Flight Attendant or other job-related duties, as required.
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
- Must possess the ability to carry and lift overhead up to 50 pounds.
- Duties include walking, climbing, standing, stooping, stretching, and squatting for purposes of moving equipment, boarding and de-boarding the aircraft, performing maintenance using ladders, and performing maintenance atop and below aircraft.
- Must be able to work at high altitudes when performing flight attendant duties.
- Work is primarily performed outside in a high-level noise environment. Performing maintenance in low-light areas, operating support equipment after daylight hours.
- Work is occasionally performed in inclement weather.
- Possess an FAA Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) license in good standing.
- Three or more years of directly related heavy aircraft maintenance experience is highly desired. Experience must include complying with all applicable aircraft servicing procedures, aircraft maintenance manuals and parts catalogs.
- Must read, interpret and use manufacturer's and aircraft maintenance manuals, service bulletins, blueprints, wiring/schematic diagrams, data tables and other specifications to determine feasibility and method to repair or replace malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Must be able to inspect, repair, and operate ground support and auxiliary equipment.
- Position requires a current physical examination from a licensed physician and subsequently on a specified periodic basis, not to exceed 5 years.
- Possess a current state issued driver's license.
- Local candidates
- Active Top Secret security clearance
Will be required to qualify for and maintain a US Government security clearance and associated work location access. US Citizenship is required to obtain a US Government security clearance.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Las Vegas, NV
Amentum brings industry-best expertise, processes, and technology to ensure the availability and reliability of our Government and commercial clients’ vital facilities and equipment. We apply our culture of excellence to operate, maintain, and manage your global assets and complex supply chains to meet modern challenges at home and abroad. You get the confidence that comes from a partner with on a century-long heritage of unrelenting dedication to our clients’ missions across the DoD, civilian agencies, and the IC.
We are looking for skilled Veterans interested in continuing your career in aviation, global logistics, IT and Network support, and also unmanned systems.
We currently have positions open nationwide and globally to include: Kuwait, Iraq, and other overseas locations!
Amentum’s skilled workforce lives with outcomes rather than just works on them. Our employees hold the most sought-after certifications in the industry, including Program Management Professional (PMP), IT/Cyber, ITIL, and Professional Scrum Master (PSM). Our teams who maintain and modify vehicles, aircraft, and weapons systems work within disciplined environments certified to AS9001D, ISO 9001:2015, AS9110B, and AS9100C standards.
Whether it’s managing facilities supporting the IC’s classified missions, operating UAVs that protect our soldiers, or maintaining military equipment at remote bases abroad, Amentum has the experience, passion, and commitment to meet your critical needs.
What happens after I apply?
First, you will want to ensure your RecruitMilitary profile is up to date, and you also have the most up to date resume to provide. Once you apply for the role you will be re-directed to complete your employment application on Amentum's career site. Once you complete that application a recruiter will review your skills and qualifications and reach out to you about the role as appropriate.