Inspector - Heavy Equipment (Bradley M2A3) - Military Veterans
Purpose: Performs scheduled and unscheduled inspections of wheeled and track vehicles.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to fulfill each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Oversees and or conducts inspections on different classifications of wheeled and tracked vehicles/equipment.
- Oversees and or conducts initial inspections upon delivery of equipment and records data information for the processing of maintenance work orders, troubleshoots identified faults and in-process inspections as required during the repair phase.
- Conducts a final inspection upon completion of maintenance repairs to ensure quality product outputs are met.
- Prepares records of inspection/tests.
- Verifies procedures being used are adequate for the effective control of quality, rejects defective workmanship and materials, verifies, and certifies the test results on supporting documents.
- Provides guidance and technical assistance to shop maintenance personnel on inspection principles of workmanship, procedures to be employed, and quality of work expected.
- Ensures compliance with government and corporate regulations, company SOPs, directives, and technical manuals to establish and maintain a quality management program.
- Cross trains when required to ensure maximum flexibility and possession of technical skills in the development and maintenance of quality programs.
- Ensure strict compliance to safety practices and support the Safety Policies and Procedures. Instills a safety-first mentality within respective work areas and a culture that achieves low accident rates and minimal lost-time injuries.
- Adhere to ISO Policies, Procedures, and Work Instructions in support of Quality Management System.
- Performs other duties and assignments as required.
Qualification & Experience Requirements: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3 years of inspection experience required. Preferred experience with Bradley Combat Vehicle
- 6 years of relative maintenance experience required.
- Must be able to read vehicle/equipment schematics.
- Must have the ability to analyze and interpret U.S. Army Technical Manuals with relation to vehicle maintenance and repair.
- Must have a valid US drivers license
- International driver's license preferred
- Must be able to obtain and maintain facility credentials/authorization. Note US Citizenship is required for facility credentials/authorization at this work location.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Physical requirements include prolonged standing, moderate walking, repeated bending, and climbing, overhead work, working in cramped positions, lifting, pulling, and pushing weights up to 100 pounds. Good vision (corrected or uncorrected) and good hearing (with or without a hearing aid) required. Will work inside and outside in various weather conditions, subject to rapid changes in temperature due to nature of work. Hazards include danger from gas fumes, falls, electric shock and burns, cuts and bruises. Must have normal color vision. When performing work, responsible for adhering to environmental, safety, and health standards related to the activity, including the wearing of all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Must cease work and notify lead, supervisor, or manager of all unsafe conditions.
Safety - Amentum enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks, and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amentum Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable Amentum Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand, and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Zaczernie, Podkarpackie Voivodeship
Amentum brings industry-best expertise, processes, and technology to ensure the availability and reliability of our Government and commercial clients’ vital facilities and equipment. We apply our culture of excellence to operate, maintain, and manage your global assets and complex supply chains to meet modern challenges at home and abroad. You get the confidence that comes from a partner with on a century-long heritage of unrelenting dedication to our clients’ missions across the DoD, civilian agencies, and the IC.
We are looking for skilled Veterans interested in continuing your career in aviation, global logistics, IT and Network support, and also unmanned systems.
We currently have positions open nationwide and globally to include: Kuwait, Iraq, and other overseas locations!
Amentum’s skilled workforce lives with outcomes rather than just works on them. Our employees hold the most sought-after certifications in the industry, including Program Management Professional (PMP), IT/Cyber, ITIL, and Professional Scrum Master (PSM). Our teams who maintain and modify vehicles, aircraft, and weapons systems work within disciplined environments certified to AS9001D, ISO 9001:2015, AS9110B, and AS9100C standards.
Whether it’s managing facilities supporting the IC’s classified missions, operating UAVs that protect our soldiers, or maintaining military equipment at remote bases abroad, Amentum has the experience, passion, and commitment to meet your critical needs.
What happens after I apply?
First, you will want to ensure your RecruitMilitary profile is up to date, and you also have the most up to date resume to provide. Once you apply for the role you will be re-directed to complete your employment application on Amentum's career site. Once you complete that application a recruiter will review your skills and qualifications and reach out to you about the role as appropriate.