Facilities Electrical Technician - Military Veterans
at Intel Corporation
Join Intel and build a better tomorrow. Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. So join us and help us create the next generation of technologies that will shape the future for decades to come.
Corporate Services (CS) touches the lives of every Intel employee every day. CS creates an environment where employees can prosper while creating the innovative technologies that make amazing possible. Our scope is vast and includes operating and maintaining all Intel sites, offices, labs and factories globally as well onsite services and experiences that help employees stay safe and productive. CS also helps to make Intel and our community a greener place by supporting Intel commitment to environmental sustainability, including investing in conservation projects, setting company-wide environmental targets and driving reductions in greenhouse emissions, energy use, water use and waste generation.
Intel Corporation's state of the art facilities gives you the opportunity to learn a variety of technical and operational skills to develop, operate, maintain, and repair the worlds most advanced facility equipment, in a demanding and challenging operations environment.
Life at Intel link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/jobs/life-at-intel.html
As a Facilities Electrical Technician your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for preventive and predictive maintenance of all the electrical distribution systems and will require working on other disciplines.
- Work from drawings, schematics and other documentation.
- Conduct daily rounds and readings.
- Working closely with Engineering to establish total predictive maintenance procedures and cost models.
- The successful candidate will be required to work a compressed work week schedule.
The ideal candidate will exhibit the following traits:
- Capable and willing to pass CPR/AED training.
- Ability to work in heavy personal protective equipment including Level 4 arc flash protection suit outside with high temperature and ability to lift up to 30 lbs. and pull 250 lbs.
Intel invests in our people and offers a complete and competitive package of benefits employees and their families through every stage of life.
See https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/jobs/benefits.htmlfor more details.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.Position not eligible for Intel immigration sponsorship.
- Journeyman Electrician License - EE-98J.
The candidate must possess at least one of the following:
- AA/AS degree - electrical power focus, equivalent military experience and/or equivalent technical degree.
- 1+ years of experience in all aspects of electrical maintenance and troubleshooting of facilities equipment and systems.
- 1+ years of experience with maintenance requirements of electrical facility systems, such as electrical distribution (up to 15kv), HVAC equipment, and facility piping systems associated controls and instrumentation for basic facility equipment/systems
- 1+ years of experience with metering and testing equipment including multi-meter, Megger, High-Pot, ground fault detector, VLF, and IR camera.
- Experience reading one line electrical diagrams, schematics and blueprints
- Work knowledge of National Electrical Code (NEC70), Recommended Practice for Electrical Equipment Maintenance (NFPA 70B), and Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace (NFPA 70E).
- Strong Mathematical skills, ability to read single line diagrams, schematics and blueprints
- Ability to recognize system and equipment deficiencies and take corrective action
Requirements listed would be obtained through a combination of industry relevant job experience, internship experiences and or schoolwork/classes/research
Inside this Business GroupAs the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in theTechnology Development and Manufacturing Groupare part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moores Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth.
Posting StatementAll qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
BenefitsWe offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, as well as, benefit programs which include health, retirement, and vacation. Find more information about all of our Amazing Benefits here.
Working ModelThis role will require an on-site presence.
Our Never-Ending Goal
We are Intel Sponsors of Tomorrow™, not only through our technical innovation, but through our endless efforts in education, environmental sustainability, healthcare, and much, much more. We believe that technology makes life more exciting and can help improve the lives of people around the world. Therein lies the endless opportunity.
If you’re looking to make an impact, Intel is the perfect place. For interns, recent college graduates, or experienced professionals, Intel has positions in business and technical disciplines all over the world. Explore the possibilities. You’ll be sure to find an opportunity that piques your interest.