Fleet Auto Mechanic II - Military Veterans
at Cox Automotive Mobility
- Perform Preventive Maintenance: change oil, oil filter, fuel filter, transmission flush, and inspection of vehicle for mechanical deficiencies. Perform light repairs as required.
- Based upon certification levels, perform various repairs and maintenance which may include: OBD II systems, brake components, tires, tune-ups, suspension components, aerial lifts, electrical systems, State Safety Inspections, interior/exterior components, engine, and drive line components, etc.
- May maintain/repair equipment. (Cable trailers, laptop docking stations, etc.)
- Keep shop area clean and tidy. Perform work in accordance with safety standards. Dispose of all fluids in a safe manner and in accordance with all regulations.
- Create and maintain vehicle history and maintenance records. May up-fit new vehicles with necessary equipment.
- Performs some more complex repairs, advanced diagnostics, and some fabrication.
- Assures prompt repairs by interfacing and coordinating with vendors for parts and repairs. May perform roadside assistance as needed.
- Provides custom equipment when needed by engaging in equipment design and moderate fabrication tasks including welding.
- Assures availability of specialized trucks by troubleshooting and repairing complex hydraulic systems, generators and electrical systems, hybrids, and on-board computer systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma/GED and 3 years’ experience in a related field. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as any level degree/certification beyond a HS diploma/GED in a related discipline; or 5 years’ experience in a related field
- Minimum of 3 years of vehicle service and repair experience; 1 year of customer service experience preferred.
- Must currently possess or be able to attain minimum of 4 A.S.E. certifications within 18 months of employment.
- Must continue training to maintain current A.S.E. status and to meet with technology and fleet changes as they occur.
- Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission.
- Ability to work safely in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to enter and exit vehicles frequently.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear. Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 75 pounds (tools, equipment).
- Valid DOT Medical Card or ability to obtain one prior to employment or within 72 hours of hire.
North Las Vegas, NV
We’re driving fleet optimization across the vehicle lifecycle. From fleet acquisition to end-to-end operations and disposal, optimization from beginning to end is critical – not just while the vehicle is in operation. Using the right data and tools to track, optimize and automate the full fleet lifecycle will help our clients win in the fleet future.