Software Test Engineer (Engineer Software Quality 3) - 16044 - Military Veterans
at Huntington Ingalls Industries
Requisition Number: 16044
Required Travel: 0 - 10%
Employment Type: Full Time/Salaried/Exempt
Hours Per Week: 40
Security Clearance: Ability to Obtain
Level of Experience: Senior
HII Mission Technologies is seeking a Software Test Engineer to work out of their Fairfax, VA office in support of the United States Postal Service (USPS).
This is contingent upon contract award.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Performs formal software testing activities for complex software applications
- Reviews user requirements documentation; assists in development of test plans; develops test data to be used in performing tests; and transforms test plans into test scripts
- Ensures proper execution of test scripts and documentation of test results in tracking systems
- Analyses test results, documents conclusions, and makes recommendations that are fully supported by test results
- Configurations are working as intended and issues are remediated
- Development of new functionalities are tested
- Testing must abide by the USPS Technology Solutions Life Cycle (TSLC) Processes/Policies
- Provide and deliver annual testing against any applicable 508 compliance requirements.
- 5 years relevant experience with Bachelors in related field; 3 years relevant experience with Masters in related field; 0 years experience with PhD or Juris Doctorate in related field; or High School Diploma or equivalent and 9 years relevant experience.
- Client requirements: A minimum of 7 years of professional service as a software engineer or similar role
- Ability to create and execute test plans against customer requirements, to thoroughly test application
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum processes and management tools such as VersionOne.
- Experience in full software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Experience with HP ALM Testing Framework utilizing BPT and UFT
- Ability to provide leadership, create and share ideas, implement best practices, and assist the Postal Service organization by creating, advancing, and sharing cost-effective ideas to help revolutionize its business
- Ability to interact and coordinate with others in a fast-paced environment
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
- Must be able to obtain and keep a USPS Sensitive Clearance
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or have a Green Card and have been living in the U.S. for at least the last five years
- Must not have traveled outside of the United States for more than 180 days in the last five years
- The selected candidate for hire will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation and drug screening per HII and/or client requirements
- A degree from an accredited College/University in the applicable field of services is preferred
This opportunity resides with Live, Virtual, Constructive Solutions, a business group within HII's Mission Technologies division. As a trusted partner to our military customers, we design, develop and operate systems that bring together service members from across the globe to help you train like you fight, because we understand that preparation requires full coordination-not readiness in piece parts.
HII is a global engineering and defense technologies provider. With a 135-year history of trusted partnerships in advancing U.S. national security, HII delivers critical capabilities ranging from the most powerful and survivable naval ships ever built, to unmanned systems, ISR and AI/ML analytics. HII leads the industry in mission-driven solutions that support and enable a networked, all-domain force. Headquartered in Virginia, HII's skilled workforce is 44,000 strong. For more information, please visit: hii.com .
HII is committed to cultivating an inclusive company culture to promote collaboration and enhance creativity by hiring a diverse work force. HII is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain positions.
Huntington Ingalls Industries is America’s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII’s Newport News and Ingalls shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII’s Technical Solutions division provides mission-critical national security solutions to government and commercial customers worldwide. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs about 44,000 people operating both domestically and internationally.
- Builder of the most complex ships in the world for 135 years at Newport News, and 82 years at Ingalls.
- Sole builder of U.S. Navy aircraft carriers, the world’s largest warships, and one of two builders constructing nuclear-powered submarines.
- Exclusive provider of refueling services for nuclear-powered aircraft carriers, at the forefront of new ship technologies, specialized manufacturing capabilities and nuclear facility management.
- Largest industrial employer in Virginia and Mississippi, and an employer in Louisiana and Alabama.
- Largest supplier of U.S. Navy surface combatants—has built more than 70 percent of Navy fleet of warships.
- Builder-of-record for Aegis DDG 51 class of guided missile destroyers.
- Builder of record for the LHA 6 class large-deck amphibious ships and the sole builder of the Navy’s newest fleet of the San Antonio (LPD 17) class amphibious assault ships.
- Builder-of-record for the flagship of the U.S. Coast Guard – the National Security Cutter.
- Provider of mission critical and practical solutions to a wide variety of government and commercial customers worldwide through Technical Solutions.
- Provider of advanced unmanned maritime solutions for defense, marine research and commercial applications
- Next-generation enterprise IT and C51SR
- Management and operations of Department of Energy nuclear sites
- Fleet sustainment
- Employs more than 6,800 engineers and designers.