Budget Analyst 4 (Budget Analyst 4) - 16275 - Military Veterans
at Huntington Ingalls Industries
Requisition Number: 16275
Required Travel: 0 - 10%
Employment Type: Full Time/Salaried/Exempt
Security Clearance: TS/SCI
Level of Experience: Mid HI
This opportunity resides with Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Cyber, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C5ISR), a business group within HII's Mission Technologies division. From towers to processors, we design, develop, integrate and manage the sensors, systems and other assets necessary to support integrated intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) operations, exploitation and analysis for the Intelligence Community, the military services, geographic and functional combatant commands and DoD agencies.
Meet HII's Mission Technologies Division
Our team of more than 7,000 professionals worldwide delivers all-domain expertise and advanced technologies in service of mission partners across the globe. Mission Technologies is leading the next evolution of national defense - the data evolution - by accelerating a breadth of national security solutions for government and commercial customers. Our capabilities range from C5ISR, AI and Big Data, cyber operations and synthetic training environments to fleet sustainment, environmental remediation and the largest family of unmanned underwater vehicles in every class. Find the role that's right for you. Apply today. We look forward to meeting you.
Who We Are
Mission Technologies, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries, is currently seeking a Finance Budget Analyst. Essential attributes include knowledge of finances and government contracts, critical thinking, excellent oral and written communication skills, working with OSD leadership and other OSD departments.
The position will be working with Special Projects within OUSD(R&E). This group is tasked by the Department of Defense (DoD) Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to provide oversight and analyses of strategic joint advanced capability and technology applications, and to identify and explore key investment opportunities for the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering, OUSD(R&E).
The position will be at the client site in Arlington, VA (Crystal City), with frequent travel to OSD offices at the Pentagon. Will be working within a SCIF environment.
What You Will Do
- Experience with and knowledge of government contracts
- Knowledge of G-Invoice
- Experience in processing Interagency Agreements
- Experience in processing Military Interdepartmental Purchase Requests (MIPRs)
- Experience or detailed understanding of functional Program Element (PE) management/processing
- Experienced in providing responses to executive level finance RFIs for the PE
What We Are Looking For
- 10 years relevant experience with Bachelors in related field; 8 years relevant experience with Masters in related field; or High School Diploma or equivalent and 14 years relevant experience
- Clearance - Must have an active Security Clearance level TS/SCI
- Excellent organizational and teambuilding skills, good interpersonal skills
Preferred: Bonus Points For
- Experience writing white papers, briefings, correspondence, and report to high level audiences
- Financial Management Certification Level 2 (FMC02)
- Experience with various accounting and reporting systems
Must be able to work at government site and be able to travel between local government offices.
We build the world's most powerful, survivable naval ships and defense technology solutions that safeguard our seas, sky, land, space and cyber. Our diverse workforce includes skilled tradespeople; artificial intelligence, machine learning (AI/ML) experts; engineers; technologists; scientists; logistics experts; and business administration professionals.
Recognized as one of America's top large company employers, we are a values and ethics driven organization that puts people's safety and well-being first. Regardless of your role or where you serve, at HII, you'll find a supportive and welcoming environment, competitive benefits, and valuable educational and training programs for continual career growth at every stage of your career.
Together we are working to ensure a future where everyone can be free and thrive.
Today's challenges are bigger than ever, and the nation needs the best of us. It's why we're focused on hiring, developing and nurturing our diversity. We believe that diversity among our workforce strengthens the organization, stimulates creativity, promotes the exchange of ideas and enriches the work lives of all our employees.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Do You Need Assistance?
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address. Additionally, you may also call 1-844-849-8463 for assistance. Press #3 for HII Technical Solutions.
Huntington Ingalls Industries is America’s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII’s Newport News and Ingalls shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII’s Technical Solutions division provides mission-critical national security solutions to government and commercial customers worldwide. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs about 44,000 people operating both domestically and internationally.
- Builder of the most complex ships in the world for 135 years at Newport News, and 82 years at Ingalls.
- Sole builder of U.S. Navy aircraft carriers, the world’s largest warships, and one of two builders constructing nuclear-powered submarines.
- Exclusive provider of refueling services for nuclear-powered aircraft carriers, at the forefront of new ship technologies, specialized manufacturing capabilities and nuclear facility management.
- Largest industrial employer in Virginia and Mississippi, and an employer in Louisiana and Alabama.
- Largest supplier of U.S. Navy surface combatants—has built more than 70 percent of Navy fleet of warships.
- Builder-of-record for Aegis DDG 51 class of guided missile destroyers.
- Builder of record for the LHA 6 class large-deck amphibious ships and the sole builder of the Navy’s newest fleet of the San Antonio (LPD 17) class amphibious assault ships.
- Builder-of-record for the flagship of the U.S. Coast Guard – the National Security Cutter.
- Provider of mission critical and practical solutions to a wide variety of government and commercial customers worldwide through Technical Solutions.
- Provider of advanced unmanned maritime solutions for defense, marine research and commercial applications
- Next-generation enterprise IT and C51SR
- Management and operations of Department of Energy nuclear sites
- Fleet sustainment
- Employs more than 6,800 engineers and designers.