COMSEC Manager - Military Veterans
at Huntington Ingalls Industries
Requisition Number: 16257
Required Travel: 0 - 10%
Employment Type: Full Time/Salaried/Exempt
Security Clearance: Top Secret
Level of Experience: Mid
This opportunity resides with Cyber & Electronic Warfare, a business group within HII's Mission Technologies division. HII works within our nation's intelligence and cyber operations communities to defend our interests in cyberspace. Our deep expertise in network architecture, software and hardware development, cybersecurity and the electromagnetic environment uniquely enables us to support sensitive missions for federal agency partners.
Meet HII's Mission Technologies Division
Our team of more than 7,000 professionals worldwide delivers all-domain expertise and advanced technologies in service of mission partners across the globe. Mission Technologies is leading the next evolution of national defense - the data evolution - by accelerating a breadth of national security solutions for government and commercial customers. Our capabilities range from C5ISR, AI and Big Data, cyber operations and synthetic training environments to fleet sustainment, environmental remediation and the largest family of unmanned underwater vehicles in every class. Find the role that's right for you. Apply today. We look forward to meeting you.
Building on a legacy of more than a century of naval shipbuilding, HII's Mission Technologies division is accelerating national security solutions to a wide variety of government and commercial customers worldwide. Comprising more than 7,000 professionals, our unique national security portfolio includes cyber and electronic warfare, fleet sustainment, ISR, live, virtual, constructive (LVC) solutions, nuclear and environmental services, and unmanned systems. For more information, visit tsd.huntingtoningalls.com.
HII Mission Technologies is looking for a COMSEC Manager in Langley, VA.
Essential Job Responsibilities
Develops, and administers security programs and procedures for classified or proprietary materials, documents, and equipment. Studies and implements federal security regulations that apply to company operations. Obtains rulings, interpretations, and acceptable deviations for compliance with regulations from government agencies. Prepares manuals outlining regulations, and establishes procedures for handling, storing, and keeping records, and for granting personnel and visitors access to restricted records and materials. Conducts security education classes and security audits. Investigates security violations and prepares reports specifying preventive action to be taken.
- 3 years relevant experience with Bachelors in related field; 1 year relevant experience with Masters in related field; or High School Diploma or equivalent and 7 years relevant experience.
- Understanding of basic LAN configurations (Routers / Firewalls) and Microsoft operation systems
- Handling new customer managed service provisioning support functions Interfacing with vendors to resolve support issues
- Owning support issues from start to finish
- Keeping customers happy with superior support and a level head--going the extra mile
- Train and assist other engineers with complex issues
- Active TS clearance
Minimal mobility, dexterity, or coordination required to operate business machines. Minimal lifting may be required.
We build the world's most powerful, survivable naval ships and defense technology solutions that safeguard our seas, sky, land, space and cyber. Our diverse workforce includes skilled tradespeople; artificial intelligence, machine learning (AI/ML) experts; engineers; technologists; scientists; logistics experts; and business administration professionals.
Recognized as one of America's top large company employers, we are a values and ethics driven organization that puts people's safety and well-being first. Regardless of your role or where you serve, at HII, you'll find a supportive and welcoming environment, competitive benefits, and valuable educational and training programs for continual career growth at every stage of your career.
Together we are working to ensure a future where everyone can be free and thrive.
Today's challenges are bigger than ever, and the nation needs the best of us. It's why we're focused on hiring, developing and nurturing our diversity. We believe that diversity among our workforce strengthens the organization, stimulates creativity, promotes the exchange of ideas and enriches the work lives of all our employees.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Do You Need Assistance?
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address. Additionally, you may also call 1-844-849-8463 for assistance. Press #3 for HII Technical Solutions.
Huntington Ingalls Industries is America’s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII’s Newport News and Ingalls shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII’s Technical Solutions division provides mission-critical national security solutions to government and commercial customers worldwide. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs about 44,000 people operating both domestically and internationally.
- Builder of the most complex ships in the world for 135 years at Newport News, and 82 years at Ingalls.
- Sole builder of U.S. Navy aircraft carriers, the world’s largest warships, and one of two builders constructing nuclear-powered submarines.
- Exclusive provider of refueling services for nuclear-powered aircraft carriers, at the forefront of new ship technologies, specialized manufacturing capabilities and nuclear facility management.
- Largest industrial employer in Virginia and Mississippi, and an employer in Louisiana and Alabama.
- Largest supplier of U.S. Navy surface combatants—has built more than 70 percent of Navy fleet of warships.
- Builder-of-record for Aegis DDG 51 class of guided missile destroyers.
- Builder of record for the LHA 6 class large-deck amphibious ships and the sole builder of the Navy’s newest fleet of the San Antonio (LPD 17) class amphibious assault ships.
- Builder-of-record for the flagship of the U.S. Coast Guard – the National Security Cutter.
- Provider of mission critical and practical solutions to a wide variety of government and commercial customers worldwide through Technical Solutions.
- Provider of advanced unmanned maritime solutions for defense, marine research and commercial applications
- Next-generation enterprise IT and C51SR
- Management and operations of Department of Energy nuclear sites
- Fleet sustainment
- Employs more than 6,800 engineers and designers.