Sr. Cyber Planner - Military Veterans
at Huntington Ingalls Industries
Requisition Number: 14902
Required Travel: 0 - 10%
Employment Type: Full Time/Salaried/Exempt
Hours Per Week: 40
Security Clearance: TS/SCI with Poly
Level of Experience: Mid
HII is seeking a Cryptologic Cyber Planner professional to join our Cyber and Intelligence Team! This work is performed on customer site at Fort Meade to directly collaborate with data scientists, cryptologic and cryptanalytic programmers, reverse engineers, and intelligence planners to synergistically enable real-time solutions to be implemented at the speed of need.
As part of our Cyber and Intelligence team, you will be engaged in:
- Employing the hybrid skill set of advanced computer science, electrical engineering, and mathematics to ensure solutions to the most difficult cryptanalytic problems
- Solving challenging cryptanalytic, high-performance computing, and computer network operations problems of critical importance to protecting key cyber terrain
HII Mission Technologies is ranked #1 on Forbes List for Defense Contractors and ranked #11 Best Large Employers 2021-2022
What you will do
- Analyze emerging operational and functional requirements to support the formulation
- Development and assessment of doctrine, strategy, plans, concepts of operations, and tactics, techniques and procedures
- Conduct technical analyses and provide assessment reports on the integration of cyber requirements, capabilities and training
- Perform assessments of cyber warfighting capability and the utility of new and emerging technologies
- Institute and document a formal planning process to analyze assigned missions for capability gaps in cyberspace operations capabilities and recommend solutions
- Provide special intelligence program analysis, crisis action operational planning and training support to special technical operations
- Execute in-depth joint targeting and cyber planning process
What we are looking for
- 3 years relevant experience with Bachelors in related field; 1 year relevant experience with Masters in related field; or High School Diploma or equivalent and 7 years relevant experience
- Clearance: Must possess and maintain a TS/SCI with Poly
Bonus points for...
- Agency mission (e.g., collection, cyber and intelligence analysis) and/or similar mission in the IC or DoD, and include strategic and/or operational level planning (e.g., joint operations)
- External engagement/collaboration experience (e.g., participation in cross-Agency working groups, JDA, field assignments, and external customer support)
This opportunity resides with Cyber & Electronic Warfare, a business group within HII's Mission Technologies division. HII works within our nation's intelligence and cyber operations communities to defend our interests in cyberspace. Our deep expertise in network architecture, software and hardware development, cybersecurity and the electromagnetic environment uniquely enables us to support sensitive missions for federal agency partners.
HII is a global engineering and defense technologies provider. With a 135-year history of trusted partnerships in advancing U.S. national security, HII delivers critical capabilities ranging from the most powerful and survivable naval ships ever built, to unmanned systems, ISR and AI/ML analytics. HII leads the industry in mission-driven solutions that support and enable a networked, all-domain force. Headquartered in Virginia, HII's skilled workforce is 44,000 strong. For more information, please visit: hii.com .
HII is committed to cultivating an inclusive company culture to promote collaboration and enhance creativity by hiring a diverse work force. HII is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain positions.
Fort Meade, MD
Huntington Ingalls Industries is America’s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII’s Newport News and Ingalls shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII’s Technical Solutions division provides mission-critical national security solutions to government and commercial customers worldwide. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs about 44,000 people operating both domestically and internationally.
- Builder of the most complex ships in the world for 135 years at Newport News, and 82 years at Ingalls.
- Sole builder of U.S. Navy aircraft carriers, the world’s largest warships, and one of two builders constructing nuclear-powered submarines.
- Exclusive provider of refueling services for nuclear-powered aircraft carriers, at the forefront of new ship technologies, specialized manufacturing capabilities and nuclear facility management.
- Largest industrial employer in Virginia and Mississippi, and an employer in Louisiana and Alabama.
- Largest supplier of U.S. Navy surface combatants—has built more than 70 percent of Navy fleet of warships.
- Builder-of-record for Aegis DDG 51 class of guided missile destroyers.
- Builder of record for the LHA 6 class large-deck amphibious ships and the sole builder of the Navy’s newest fleet of the San Antonio (LPD 17) class amphibious assault ships.
- Builder-of-record for the flagship of the U.S. Coast Guard – the National Security Cutter.
- Provider of mission critical and practical solutions to a wide variety of government and commercial customers worldwide through Technical Solutions.
- Provider of advanced unmanned maritime solutions for defense, marine research and commercial applications
- Next-generation enterprise IT and C51SR
- Management and operations of Department of Energy nuclear sites
- Fleet sustainment
- Employs more than 6,800 engineers and designers.