Assembly Technician (Engineer Technical Services 2) - 15811 - Military Veterans
at Huntington Ingalls Industries
Requisition Number: 15811
Required Travel: 0 - 10%
Employment Type: Full Time/Salaried/Exempt
Hours Per Week: 40
Anticipated Salary Range: $51,743.00 - $80,000.00
Security Clearance: Ability to Obtain
Level of Experience: Mid
HII-Mission Technologies is looking for a motivated individual to fill the role of Assembly Technician for their Syracuse, NY Manufacturing Operations. In this role, you will perform a variety of tasks ranging from repetitive to non-repetitive production assembly operations on electronic and/or mechanical assemblies and sub-assemblies. The selected candidate will also support the daily activities of the production line and/or processing areas and help build long term capability within the Manufacturing Organization.
What You Will Do
- General mechanical assembly and installation of electronic and/or mechanical assemblies and sub-assemblies as required.
- Working with other team members in assembly and integration of new and existing products.
- Deliver work according to quality requirements and work instructions.
- Adhere to processes and procedures to meet business and program objectives.
- Analyzing and identifying opportunities for process improvements
What We Are Looking For
- High school degree or equivalent required.
- 1- 3+ years of skilled manufacturing experience
- Ability to read and understand assembly drawings, part lists, connection diagrams, schematics, engineering sketches.
- Must be familiar with basic hand tools, crimpers, torque wrenches.
- Ability to work with standardized procedures for high repeatability in an advanced and connected environment.
- IPC 610, IPC 620, and J-STD certified a plus.
- Self-motivated and driven desire to succeed with minimal direction.
- Ability to obtain a DoD secret clearance.
Preferred: Bonus Points For
- Self-motivated and driven desire to succeed with minimal direction
- Ability to work both in a team and individually
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
HII's Mission Technologies division develops integrated solutions that enable today's connected, all-domain force. Capabilities include C5ISR systems and operations; the application of AI and machine learning to battlefield decisions; defensive and offensive cyberspace strategies and EW; unmanned, autonomous systems; LVC solutions; platform modernization; and critical nuclear operations. Together, HII's domain expertise and advanced technologies support mission partners anywhere around the globe. For more information, visit tsd.huntingtoningalls.com.
HII is a global engineering and defense technologies provider. With a 135-year history of trusted partnerships in advancing U.S. national security, HII delivers critical capabilities ranging from the most powerful and survivable naval ships ever built, to unmanned systems, ISR and AI/ML analytics. HII leads the industry in mission-driven solutions that support and enable a networked, all-domain force. Headquartered in Virginia, HII's skilled workforce is 44,000 strong.
Working at HII is more than a job - it's an opportunity to build a new future. We offer competitive benefits such as best-in-class medical, dental and vision plan choices; onsite health, vision and dental at some locations; wellness resources; employee assistance programs; Savings Plan Options (401(k)); financial planning tools, life insurance; employee discounts; paid holidays and paid time off; tuition reimbursement; as well as early childhood and post-secondary education scholarships.
HII is committed to cultivating an inclusive company culture to promote collaboration and enhance creativity by hiring a diverse work force. HII is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain positions.
Huntington Ingalls Industries is America’s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII’s Newport News and Ingalls shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII’s Technical Solutions division provides mission-critical national security solutions to government and commercial customers worldwide. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs about 44,000 people operating both domestically and internationally.
- Builder of the most complex ships in the world for 135 years at Newport News, and 82 years at Ingalls.
- Sole builder of U.S. Navy aircraft carriers, the world’s largest warships, and one of two builders constructing nuclear-powered submarines.
- Exclusive provider of refueling services for nuclear-powered aircraft carriers, at the forefront of new ship technologies, specialized manufacturing capabilities and nuclear facility management.
- Largest industrial employer in Virginia and Mississippi, and an employer in Louisiana and Alabama.
- Largest supplier of U.S. Navy surface combatants—has built more than 70 percent of Navy fleet of warships.
- Builder-of-record for Aegis DDG 51 class of guided missile destroyers.
- Builder of record for the LHA 6 class large-deck amphibious ships and the sole builder of the Navy’s newest fleet of the San Antonio (LPD 17) class amphibious assault ships.
- Builder-of-record for the flagship of the U.S. Coast Guard – the National Security Cutter.
- Provider of mission critical and practical solutions to a wide variety of government and commercial customers worldwide through Technical Solutions.
- Provider of advanced unmanned maritime solutions for defense, marine research and commercial applications
- Next-generation enterprise IT and C51SR
- Management and operations of Department of Energy nuclear sites
- Fleet sustainment
- Employs more than 6,800 engineers and designers.