Sr. Software Engineer (15563) - Military Veterans
at Huntington Ingalls Industries
Requisition Number: 15563
Required Travel: 0 - 10%
Employment Type: Full Time/Salaried/Exempt
Hours Per Week: 40.00
Security Clearance: TS/SCI with Poly
Level of Experience: Senior
Mission Technologies a division of HII - Cyber Electronic Warfare and Space (CEWS) team provides full-spectrum cyber, EW and space capabilities that address today's rapidly changing, multi-domain global security threats, and anticipate emerging threats. We are diverse organization offering competitive and challenging opportunities to highly motivated individuals.
Our cyber professionals are defining the future of cybersecurity, providing the most effective prevention, detection, and responses to the broad spectrum and constant evolution of threat actors. Our experts provide actionable, timely intelligence that protects our nation from adversaries' intent on disrupting our freedoms and harming our nation. Together, we are an integral part of an important mission -- we go to work every day with the knowledge and pride that our accomplishments make a difference.
Cyber Electronic Warfare and Space (CEWS) is looking to hire a Sr. Software Engineer to develop, identity and access management capabilities at an IC client. This position will allow a senior level candidate to lead and mentor a team of SW developers and work with emerging commercial technology to protect sensitive client information. This position supports an Intelligence Community (IC) mission.
Essential Job Responsibilities
The Software Engineer:
- Develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements.
- Works individually or as part of a team.
- Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results.
- Resolves software problem reports.
- Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment.
- Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software tradeoffs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
Representative tasks include:
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
- Debug existing software and correct defects
- Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
- Write or review software and system documentation
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project
- Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas
- 15 years relevant experience with Bachelors in related field;
- 13 years relevant experience with Masters in related field;
- 10 years relevant experience with PhD or Juris Doctorate in related field; or
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 19 years relevant experience. #LI-SG1
Clearance: Must possess an active TS/SCI/Poly for consideration
Four (4) years of additional SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
Office work environment normally encountered.
This opportunity resides with Cyber & Electronic Warfare, a business group within HII's Mission Technologies division. HII works within our nation's intelligence and cyber operations communities to defend our interests in cyberspace. Our deep expertise in network architecture, software and hardware development, cybersecurity and the electromagnetic environment uniquely enables us to support sensitive missions for federal agency partners.
HII is a global engineering and defense technologies provider. With a 135-year history of trusted partnerships in advancing U.S. national security, HII delivers critical capabilities ranging from the most powerful and survivable naval ships ever built, to unmanned systems, ISR and AI/ML analytics. HII leads the industry in mission-driven solutions that support and enable a networked, all-domain force. Headquartered in Virginia, HII's skilled workforce is 44,000 strong. For more information, please visit: hii.com .
HII Is committed to cultivating an inclusive company culture to promote collaboration and enhance creativity by hiring a diverse work force. HII is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain positions.
Annapolis Junction, MD
Huntington Ingalls Industries is America’s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII’s Newport News and Ingalls shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII’s Technical Solutions division provides mission-critical national security solutions to government and commercial customers worldwide. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs about 44,000 people operating both domestically and internationally.
- Builder of the most complex ships in the world for 135 years at Newport News, and 82 years at Ingalls.
- Sole builder of U.S. Navy aircraft carriers, the world’s largest warships, and one of two builders constructing nuclear-powered submarines.
- Exclusive provider of refueling services for nuclear-powered aircraft carriers, at the forefront of new ship technologies, specialized manufacturing capabilities and nuclear facility management.
- Largest industrial employer in Virginia and Mississippi, and an employer in Louisiana and Alabama.
- Largest supplier of U.S. Navy surface combatants—has built more than 70 percent of Navy fleet of warships.
- Builder-of-record for Aegis DDG 51 class of guided missile destroyers.
- Builder of record for the LHA 6 class large-deck amphibious ships and the sole builder of the Navy’s newest fleet of the San Antonio (LPD 17) class amphibious assault ships.
- Builder-of-record for the flagship of the U.S. Coast Guard – the National Security Cutter.
- Provider of mission critical and practical solutions to a wide variety of government and commercial customers worldwide through Technical Solutions.
- Provider of advanced unmanned maritime solutions for defense, marine research and commercial applications
- Next-generation enterprise IT and C51SR
- Management and operations of Department of Energy nuclear sites
- Fleet sustainment
- Employs more than 6,800 engineers and designers.