Security Research Engineer/Scientist - Military Veterans
at Intel Corporation
We are looking for an experienced Product Security Expert (PSE) to Data Center Group Security Assurance and Research team. Product Security Experts(PSEs) are recognized as having deep authoritative technical knowledge of secure product development. This is an individual contributor (IC) role with strong technical knowledge in security domain.
Job responsibilities include :
1.Research, recommend, specify and document security posture for platforms in support of Intel's Security Pledge
2. Analyze incoming Security Incident Reports, guide team on mitigation options.
3. Provide technical direction for platform, SoC and component security research. Lead hackathons, security research activities for Xeon platforms and related ingredients.
4. Guide Data Center Product development teams through secure development and Security First Mindset practices in meeting Data platform security assurance needs.
5. Develop threat models and conduct threat model reviews for Xeon platforms.
6. Guiding security validation teams on use of tools and techniques such as fuzzing, pen testing and others.
7. Ability to comprehend the implications of security trade-offs in the face of threats, attacks and/or vulnerabilities.
8. Work with stakeholders and other business units to ensure the appropriate security assurance requirements are established in our security policies, enforced, and communicated in our security practices.
Candidate must have a Master degree or higher in Electrical/Computer Engineering or Computer Science with knowledge of Computer architecture with 10+ years of relevant experience.
Security Knowledge required :
1) Security threats, vulnerability research along with practicing security development lifecycle practices.
2) Authentication, cryptography, secure protocols
3) Security code review, analysis, and vulnerability assessment
4) Exploitation and mitigation technique developments
5) Security testing techniques including fuzzing and pen-testing
6) Security Research and industry test tools/standards like Kali Linux, Defensics, Hydra, BurpSuite, Metasploit, OWASP
7) Knowledge of Side-Channel Analysis, Timing attacks, glitch attacks etc.
Inside this Business GroupThe Data Platforms Engineering and Architecture (DPEA) Group invents, designs & builds the world's most critical computing platforms which fuel Intel's most important business and solve the world's most fundamental problems. DPEA enables that data center which is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologiesspanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutionsthat fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
Posting StatementAll qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
BenefitsWe offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, as well as, benefit programs which include health, retirement, and vacation. Find more information about all of our Amazing Benefits here.It has come to our notice that some people have received fake job interview letters ostensibly issued by Intel, inviting them to attend interviews in Intels offices for various positions and further requiring them to deposit money to be eligible for the interviews. We wish to bring to your notice that these letters are not issued by Intel or any of its authorized representatives. Hiring at Intel is based purely on merit and Intel does not ask or require candidates to deposit any money. We would urge people interested in working for Intel, to apply directly at https://jobs.intel.com/ and not fall prey to unscrupulous elements.
Working ModelThis role will be eligible for our hybrid work model which allows employees to split their time between working on-site at their assigned Intel site and off-site. In certain circumstances the work model may change to accommodate business needs.
Our Never-Ending Goal
We are Intel Sponsors of Tomorrow™, not only through our technical innovation, but through our endless efforts in education, environmental sustainability, healthcare, and much, much more. We believe that technology makes life more exciting and can help improve the lives of people around the world. Therein lies the endless opportunity.
If you’re looking to make an impact, Intel is the perfect place. For interns, recent college graduates, or experienced professionals, Intel has positions in business and technical disciplines all over the world. Explore the possibilities. You’ll be sure to find an opportunity that piques your interest.