Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company's new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com .
It's not just about your career... or your job title...it's about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters...do things that haven't been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Sr Infrastructure Architect role is part of Wabtec's Global Platform Operations team. The role is responsible for developing and implementing infrastructure roadmaps that align with broader Wabtec strategies and drive adoption of best practices. The successful candidate will have a track record of partnering with other technical teams to achieve continuous improvement across the various compute technologies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and coordinate the Enterprise technical and business discussions relative to future infrastructure architecture
- Lead research and evaluation of emerging technology, industry and market trends to assist in operational support
- Communicate technical direction and progress to all levels of the organization, including senior leadership.
- Work with stakeholders to define solutions and interacts with senior external personnel.
- Analyzes, designs, and develops a roadmap and implementation plan based upon a current vs future state in a cohesive architecture viewpoint
- Review and/or analyzes and develops architectural requirements
- Works on highly complex projects across multiple technical teams
- Lead optimizing infrastructure costs
- Advocate and drive adoption of "best practices" to ensure standardization of business architecture outputs across the enterprise
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications : (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or "STEM" majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience in infrastructure architecture across multiple products, systems and/or platforms in an Enterprise environment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Hands on experience as an Enterprise Architect supporting the design, integration, and management of complex infrastructure solutions.
- Advanced ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate and influence effectively with both internal and external stakeholders
- Experience developing strategic technology plans and roadmaps, including business capability planning
- Effectively handle ambiguity in all aspects of work, including business direction and strategy
- Proven track record of setting targets, executing a plan, and delivering results
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to balance and effectively prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong business analysis and problem-solving skills
- Uses critical thinking skills and disciplined approaches to help leaders and leadership teams resolve issues and define solutions
- ITIL foundation certified / experience
- Frequently communicating with others to exchange information
- Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing
- Frequently remaining in a stationary position, often standing, or sitting for prolonged periods
- Frequently repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Frequently assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned
- The job is typically performed under comfortable working conditions; any disagreeable environmental elements are generally absent during normal performance of job.
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world's toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world's brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles...people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Wabtec is a leading global provider of equipment systems, digital solutions, and value-added services for the freight and transit rail sectors. Drawing on more than 150 years of experience, we are leading the way in safety, efficiency, reliability, innovation, and productivity. Whether it's freight, transit, ports, logistics, mining, industrial, or marine, our expertise, technologies, and people together - are revolutionizing the way the world moves for future generations.
Who We Are Looking For
As one of the largest suppliers in the rail industry, Wabtec keeps the global economy moving, helping our customers here and around the world transport people, goods, and services. And military personnel are a big part of our success story.
Did you know one in five employees in the North American rail industry come from the military? At Wabtec, we have a long history of working closely with veterans and transitioning them into successful employees and leaders. At Wabtec, you will experience a familiar unity in how we work as a team, the values we share, and the way we serve our customers.
Wabtec is actively seeking transitioning military service members, military veterans, and military spouses across the globe. We value the skills you have developed and the service you have provided our country. We also understand the value you will bring to our organization. Join us.
Should I Apply?
Wabtec is a mission-focused team, a family coming together to revolutionize the way the world moves. We understand our customers and are committed to delivering innovative and lasting transportation solutions. Our collaboration, passion, operational rigor, and long track record of delivering innovative solutions to the transportation industry sets our company apart.
Does this sound like your next mission? At Wabtec, you will find a competitive salary package, great benefits, and a robust training program with development opportunities worldwide. Over the years we have supported all of our active-duty military employees while still serving in the reserves. Our values emphasize people first, embracing diversity, and a focus on safety and innovation.
Come grow your career with a winning company with a great culture, a place where you can feel supported by other military employees and thrive.