Do you currently have an opportunity to make a real impact with your work? With over 2,000 sites of care and serving over 31.2 million patient interactions every year, nurses at HCA Florida Fawcett Hospital have the opportunity to make a real impact. As a(an) LPN Float Pool you can be a part of change.
HCA Florida Fawcett Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
It is an exciting time to be a nurse at HCA Healthcare! Come unlock your career potential and see how rewarding it can be to reach your personal and professional goals. Help to advance the practice of nursing and improve positive outcomes for your patients as a (an) LPN Float Pool. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Licensed Practical Nurse/Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN/LPN) delivers high quality, patient-centered care by performing a variety of delegated basic patient care services. In collaboration with the RN and other members of the care team, the LPN/LVN provides individualized, comprehensive care consistent with the scope and standards of the specialty.
What you will do in this role:
- Provide direct, evidence-based care to patients as directed by the physician or RN.
- Assist with procedures, monitoring, or other functions as directed.
- Perform lab and procedural tests within the LVN/LPN scope of practice, after demonstrating competency.
- Document the administration of care in the patient medical record in a timely and thorough manner.
- Serve as a resource to department staff, students and volunteers to help deliver quality patient care.
What qualifications you will need:
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- Vocational School Graduate
- Licensed Practical Nurse with IV Certification (LPN IV), or Licensed Practical / Vocational Nurse (LPN / LVN) must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
HCA Florida Fawcett Hospital is a 237 bed acute care hospital. We serve Charlotte County. We have emergency care, an accredited cancer program, a stroke center of excellence and a chest pain center. We have an orthopedic and spine center, wound management and hyperbaric medicine. We have inpatient, outpatient and cardiovascular surgery. We have sports and rehabilitation services and outpatient programs. HCA Florida Fawcett Hospital provides community wellness programs. We have provided healthcare in Charlotte County for 40 years. Our colleagues enjoy our culture of compassion, respect and service. Over 350 area physicians work with us. We have received the America’s top 100 hospital recognition. This makes us one of the best hospitals in Charlotte County. We hope you’ll consider a career at HCA Florida Fawcett Hospital.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that leverages our size to make a real impact in our industry! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our LPN Float Pool opening. Submit your application today and help advance the practice of nursing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Port Charlotte, FL
HCA Serving Those Who Have Served Us So Faithfully.
Guided by the principle that quality care begins with the warmth, compassion, and positive attitude of our employees, HCA has consistently proven to be the nation’s leading healthcare provider with the widest range of employment opportunities.
Since our founding over 40 years ago, HCA has grown in size and services with over 280 affiliate facilities in 20 states and England. Our family of nearly 190,000 strong is dedicated to developing innovative strategies and practices to better the human condition.
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Expert care, ethical conduct, innovative technologies, and best practices are the core of our resources. Through these, we strive to deliver high-quality, cost-effective, community-centric health care for approximately 18 million patients annually.
HCA has over 7000 open requisitions in hospitals, diagnostic, outpatient and business operations across 20 states in the U.S.
Our employment opportunities fill job classes in both patient care and business support services. While a majority of positions account for clinical backgrounds, HCA has many opportunities in supply chain and logistics, IT, engineering and technical, administrative and managerial, sales, finance and accounting, environmental, plant ops, HR and many more.