RN Interventional Radiology PRN - Military Veterans
at HCA Human Resources, LLC
Do you currently have an opportunity to make a real impact with your work? With over 2,000 sites of care and serving over 31.2 million patient interactions every year, nurses at HCA Florida Highlands Hospital have the opportunity to make a real impact. As a PRN Interventional Radiology RN you can be a part of change.
HCA Florida Highlands Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
It is an exciting time to be a nurse at HCA Healthcare! Come unlock your career potential and see how rewarding it can be to reach your personal and professional goals. Help to advance the practice of nursing and improve positive outcomes for your patients as a PRN Interventional Radiology RN. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Interventional Radiology RN position shows sound knowledge and proficiency in the care of patients undergoing procedures in Interventional Radiology. The IR RN assumes responsibility and accountability for patient safety and care before, during and after a procedure. Responsible for confirming correct patient/correct exam/correct order/correct patient demographics and verifying lab values prior to exam. Responsible for following Sedation Analgesia Policy as it pertains to Interventional Radiology. Observes radiation safety guidelines. Adapts to schedule changes including routine departmental coverage, call shifts and call back for procedures/holidays. Assists with equipment Q.C./maintenance and the collection and processing of information used for the Quality Improvement Process. Maintains a high standard of medical ethics at all times. Responsible for educating/assisting new employees and students. Maintains individual credentialing and education requirements. Performs other duties as assigned. Participation in the Quality Improvement process is expected.
Requirements for Position:
- Current FL RN license or recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florid State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions)
- Current BLS & ACLS certifications
- Critical Care &/or Interventional experience preferred.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
- Possess the ability to work as member of a team or independently as the needs require and to prioritize responsibilities
- Clinically proficient in special procedures demonstrating a knowledge of the developmental needs of the adolescent, adult and geriatric patients
HCA Florida Highlands Hospital is a 126-bed acute hospital. We offer a full range of Emergency, Surgical and Inpatient and Outpatient services. We have served Sebring, Florida, and the surrounding counties since 1965. We offer advanced technology, attracting the most qualified physicians and surgeons in the area. Our Emergency Room is the area’s only dedicated Senior ER. This features designated parking and hearing amplifiers. This also offers optical devices, specific discharge planning and personal scheduling assistance. All patient directives are clear, easing tension. Our Orthopedic Institute provides an upscale environment for joint replacements. Patients are at ease in our facility. The hospital specializes in minimally invasive procedures. These result in shorter hospital stays and a faster recovery.
Sebring, “The City on the Circle,” is home to the Sebring International Raceway. There is something to satisfy all recreational interests. We invite you to learn more about our career opportunities.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that leverages our size to make a real impact in our industry! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our PRN Interventional Radiology RN opening. Submit your application today and help advance the practice of nursing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
HCA Serving Those Who Have Served Us So Faithfully.
Guided by the principle that quality care begins with the warmth, compassion, and positive attitude of our employees, HCA has consistently proven to be the nation’s leading healthcare provider with the widest range of employment opportunities.
Since our founding over 40 years ago, HCA has grown in size and services with over 280 affiliate facilities in 20 states and England. Our family of nearly 190,000 strong is dedicated to developing innovative strategies and practices to better the human condition.
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Expert care, ethical conduct, innovative technologies, and best practices are the core of our resources. Through these, we strive to deliver high-quality, cost-effective, community-centric health care for approximately 18 million patients annually.
HCA has over 7000 open requisitions in hospitals, diagnostic, outpatient and business operations across 20 states in the U.S.
Our employment opportunities fill job classes in both patient care and business support services. While a majority of positions account for clinical backgrounds, HCA has many opportunities in supply chain and logistics, IT, engineering and technical, administrative and managerial, sales, finance and accounting, environmental, plant ops, HR and many more.