General Laborer (Pallet Repair) M-F 2nd Shift opening - $18/hr - Military Veterans
at CHEP - A Brambles Company
2nd Shift: 3:30PM - 12AM Monday through Friday
CHEP is a global leader in managing approximately 300 million pallets, crates, and containers safely and efficiently. We operate in more than 50 countries worldwide.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Uses a pneumatic nail gun and reciprocating saw to repair pallets.
- In a repair, the department places a pallet on repair table, removes defective boards, replaces new boards, and nails replaced boards into place.
- Responsible for troubleshooting jams and basic maintenance of the saw.
- Work requires the operator to stand for long periods of time.
- Operators must be able to repeatedly lift a pallet weighing 60-75 lbs.
- Nail guns must be operated with extreme care, adhering to company safety procedures at all times.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Repair Operators must have physical strength, hand-eye coordination, and endurance.
- Repair Operators must also be able to concentrate on their tasks.
- The ability to understand and communicate information is also essential.
- 2+ years previous experience working in an industrial, fast-moving setting with industrial machinery.
- Please note other duties can be assigned based on the needs of the business.
We are committed to providing our employees with a positive and challenging working environment, continued professional development, work-life balance and offer the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental & Vision available after 60 days
- Company Paid Life and Accidental D&D Insurance after 60 days
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Program
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $18.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
People with a criminal record are encouraged to apply
Work Location: In person
From fixing pallets to solving global shipping issues, we have career opportunities for everyone.
At CHEP, our work environment is incredibly supportive. From day one, you'll feel the team's genuine commitment to your success. We encourage curiosity, questions, and pushing boundaries. And with a global presence spanning 59 countries and over 12,000 employees, we offer the opportunity for you to shape your career. Rest assured, if you have the potential, we'll provide unwavering support throughout your journey. So, Fast Forward Fast and accelerate your logistics and supply chain career with CHEP!
- Excellent compensation package, including a flexible benefits plan, and generous 401 (k) retirement plan
- Employer Paid Vision Insurance
- Retirement and Financial Planning Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discounts
Learn more: CHEP Supply Chain Solutions - YouTube https://www.youtube.com/c/CHEPSupplyChainSolutions