Job ID: 24932
A Yates Engineer is responsible for providing engineering support enabling production of the Yates Field safely and to its maximum potential by optimizing and maintaining producing wells, gathering systems, central batteries, compression stations, pumping units and various other surface equipment.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain, foster, and support a safe work environment, safe work practices, and environmental stewardship.
- Assist in the preparation, updating and execution of operating budgets.
- Identify opportunities to maximize oil recovery from the reservoir and lower operating costs.
- Collaborate with team members in generating workover/repair operations of wells
- Provide input into the execution of production and compression projects.
- Daily production tracking and troubleshooting.
- Support reservoir data collection and reservoir management.
- Support and provide guidance in optimizing production and compression facilities.
- Participate in "on call Supervisor" rotation.
- Achieve individual EHS metrics.
- Fulfill individual operational and technical training requirements.
- Participate in ICS drills/training and be able to provide support in emergency situations.
- Special projects as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering/geosciences
Experience / specific knowledge:
- 0-3 years experience in the oil and gas industry.
Certifications, licenses, registrations:
- Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record may be required.
Competencies, skills, and abilities:
- Knowledge of basic Engineering principles
- Performs routine Engineering tasks to expand knowledge and experience
- Provide straightforward solutions to problems
- Follows prescribed policies and procedures and conducts analyses to develop design options or recommendations
- Acts as Project Manager for smaller projects
- Works under direct supervision, but displays initiative and moves toward requiring less supervision
- Demonstrates strong teamwork and communication skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PPT)
- Significant travel to field sites as needed.
- Work outside in all weather conditions as needed
- Live within a 30 min response time to the field (Iraan, Sheffield, McCamey or Rankin)
- 50/50 office and job site (outside) work locations
- Working after hours, nights, weekends, holidays and "on-call" as scheduled or needed
Preferred education, experience, certifications, competencies, skills, and abilities:
Above the minimum requirements; not required but advantageous in this position:
- >3 years experience in the oil and gas industry.
- Masters of Science degree in engineering/geosciences. Professional Engineering license.
Kinder Morgan is one of the largest energy infrastructure companies in North America. We own an interest in or operate approximately 82,000 miles of pipelines, 140 terminals, 700 billion cubic feet of working natural gas storage capacity and have renewable natural gas generation capacity of approximately 3.8 Bcf per year with an additional 3.1 Bcf in development. Our pipelines transport natural gas, refined petroleum products, crude oil, condensate, CO2, renewable fuels and other products, and our terminals store and handle various commodities including gasoline, diesel fuel, jet fuel, chemicals, metals, petroleum coke and ethanol and other renewable fuels and feedstocks.
Delivering energy to improve lives and create a better world.
Kinder Morgan provides energy transportation and storage services in a safe, efficient and environmentally responsible manner for the benefit of people, communities and business.
Join Our Team
Kinder Morgan is seeking to hire veterans, transitioning service members, and Military spouses across the country who will help shape the present and future of North America's energy infrastructure.
The energy we transport helps power homes and businesses and fuels cars and airplanes from coast to coast - a feat that would not be possible without our extraordinary people. We have approximately 11,000 employees who power Kinder Morgan and we are looking to add even more innovative, passionate individuals to our team.
Explore our available positions today!