Warehouse / Heavy Equipment Operator - Military Veterans
at Kinder Morgan
Job ID: 25113
Responsible for assisting other operators in the safe, efficient and quality-conscious unloading and loading of bulk and packaged commodities to or from vessel, railcars, trucks and storage facilities. Assure the work being performed consistently meets or exceeds the expectations of the supervisor, as well as published policies and procedures.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Successful completion of specific, entry level tasks in warehousing assisting operators in bulk material transfer, bagging and storage activities.
- Participation in safety and environmental training and attendance to daily briefings.
- Observation of company safety and operational procedures and policies. Promptly reporting of any observed unsafe conditions to management.
- Housekeeping of terminal grounds and basic maintenance of equipment.
- Performance of any other type of terminal function as instructed by the supervisor.
- Must report to work and on time as scheduled.
High School diploma or GED is required.
Experience / specific knowledge:
- One year of work experience is required. Experience in an industrial setting is preferred.
- Previous experience operating industrial rolling equipment (such as a front-end loader or bulldozer) is preferred.
- Through previous work experience, must demonstrate a work history of good workplace attendance and safe and quality conscious work performance.
Certifications, licenses, registrations:
- Must meet the criteria to obtain and maintain a Transportation Workers Identification Card (TWIC) as required by USCG/DHS regulations.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and meet company insurability requirements
Competencies, skills, and abilities:
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Must take direction from supervision and work cooperatively with others.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent may be required to stand, walk, sit, ascend/descend stairs; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, frequently lift up to 50 pounds, climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must meet medical criteria as defined by OSHA standards for the use of respirator.
- Must be able to move up and downs stairs/ladders within the terminal as well as working in and around the hold of a vessel and industrial equipment?
- This position may perform other duties as assigned.
- Project/construction/commissioning and normal operations phase responsibilities
- Job level commensurate with experience and skill set
- Position is generally assigned a daytime schedule but will be required to work extended hours to include nights and weekends.
- Must be available for 24 hour call-in.
- Tasks are performed indoors and outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
- Requires working at heights in excess of 80 feet.
- May be assigned to other company facilities within a 50 mile radius of the Tampa Bay Area.
Kinder Morgan is one of the largest energy infrastructure companies in North America. We own an interest in or operate approximately 82,000 miles of pipelines, 140 terminals, 700 billion cubic feet of working natural gas storage capacity and have renewable natural gas generation capacity of approximately 3.8 Bcf per year with an additional 3.1 Bcf in development. Our pipelines transport natural gas, refined petroleum products, crude oil, condensate, CO2, renewable fuels and other products, and our terminals store and handle various commodities including gasoline, diesel fuel, jet fuel, chemicals, metals, petroleum coke and ethanol and other renewable fuels and feedstocks.
Delivering energy to improve lives and create a better world.
Kinder Morgan provides energy transportation and storage services in a safe, efficient and environmentally responsible manner for the benefit of people, communities and business.
Join Our Team
Kinder Morgan is seeking to hire veterans, transitioning service members, and Military spouses across the country who will help shape the present and future of North America's energy infrastructure.
The energy we transport helps power homes and businesses and fuels cars and airplanes from coast to coast - a feat that would not be possible without our extraordinary people. We have approximately 11,000 employees who power Kinder Morgan and we are looking to add even more innovative, passionate individuals to our team.
Explore our available positions today!