Internship: Product Engineering (Summer 2024) - South Milwaukee, WI - Military Veterans
Eaton’s ES AMER ESS division is currently seeking a Product Engineering Intern
The hourly rate for this position is $19.38 - $31.73 per hour.
Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
What you’ll do:
The Product Engineer intern is responsible for assisting the Maintenance of Line (MoL) Engineering team in providing sustaining engineering support for overhead and underground medium voltage reclosers, fault interrupters and switches. Working under the guidance of experienced engineers, the Product Engineer intern performs engineering analysis, creates detailed designs, executes verification tests and contributes to the implementation of product cost savings, product improvement, and engineering process improvement projects.
- Develop, sustain, and improve product design and product definition data (bills of materials, 3D models, drawings, and specifications).
- Assist in tasks associated with the introduction of new products and changes to existing products.
- Support production and manufacturing engineering with resolution of production and testing issues.
- Learn and apply methods for Design for Manufacture/ Assembly (DFM/DFA).
- Learn and apply engineering analysis and simulation tools (CAD, FEA, statistical software, etc.).
- Sets aggressive goals, measures performance, and strives to go beyond what is expected.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor or Master of Science degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering at an accredited institution.
- Minimum GPA of 2.8 or above.
- Able to work in the United States on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship.
- Must be geographically flexible to relocate within the United States.
- Prior Internship Experience
- Experience in 3D modeling
- Hands-on experience building prototypes or other equipment
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-800-836-6345 to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
South Milwaukee, WI
At Eaton, we value many of the skills and competencies that you gained in your military career.
These are our values too!
As we aspire to be a model of inclusion and diversity in our industry, we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique. We create an environment that fosters learning and teaching, allowing employees to reach their full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
From the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.