Internship: New Product Development Engineering (Summer 2024) - South Milwaukee, WI - Military Veterans
Eaton’s ES AMER ESS division is currently seeking a New Product Development Engineering Intern.
The hourly rate for this position is $19.38 - $31.73 per hour.
Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
What you’ll do:
The New Product Development (NPD) Engineering Intern is an integral part of the NPD Engineering team, which is responsible for the development of new overhead and underground medium voltage reclosers, fault interrupters, and switches. Working alongside experienced engineers, the Engineering Intern performs engineering analyses, creates detailed designs, executes prototype builds, and develops verification tests – all contributing to the overall execution of NPD projects and functional initiatives.
- Develop, sustain, and improve product design and product definition data (bills of materials, 3D models, drawings, and specifications).
- Support functional development activities such as CAE tool exploration and implementation as well as supporting the NPD Additive Manufacturing road map.
- Learn and perform engineering analysis and digital simulation leveraging advanced tools (CAD, FEA, statistical tolerance analysis, computational analysis - Matlab, etc.).
- Support production and manufacturing engineering with prototype and pilot builds.
- Collaborate with global design and manufacturing teams.
- Develop sub-system verification tests which include designing and developing custom fixtures.
- Learn and utilize Design for X techniques to drive design optimization. (X = Cost, Manufacturing and Assembly, Six Sigma, etc.)
- Sets aggressive goals, measures performance, and strives to go beyond what is expected.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor or Master of Science degree in Engineering at an accredited institution.
- Minimum GPA of 2.8 or above.
- Able to work in the United States on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship.
- Must be geographically flexible to relocate within the United States
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor or Master of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience in 3D modeling.
- Hands-on experience building prototypes or other equipment.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-800-836-6345 to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
South Milwaukee, WI
At Eaton, we value many of the skills and competencies that you gained in your military career.
These are our values too!
As we aspire to be a model of inclusion and diversity in our industry, we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique. We create an environment that fosters learning and teaching, allowing employees to reach their full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
From the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.