Job Title: Intake Utility Relief
Immediate Supervisor: 1st/2nd/3rd Shift Supervisors
Location: Prairie Farms, White Hill Cheese Shullsburg, WI
Hours: Work Intake to cover PTO & shifts needed. On Saturday, in Intake rotation. When not covering in Intake, working in the plant where needed.
Summary: The Intake Operator unloads raw milk products for storage, ships liquid products, accumulates proper and accurate samples of these products and maintains all functions in a sanitary means with minimum direct supervision. They also are responsible for shipping out Cream & Whey.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Have knowledge of and understand all equipment involved in receiving and shipment of liquid products, pumps, lines, valves, tanks, etc.
Knowledge of sampling equipment and sample handling and storage.
- Documents all intake products.
- Maintain the intake areas by sanitary measures to meet Federal and State regulations and practice quality control of all products.
- Accurately run all tests necessary for quality control, sight, smell and taste.
- Performs antibiotic tests during the absence of lab people.
- Checks and documents product temperatures
- Reports and follows up on all repairs of equipment as needed
- Perform all other assignments as required.
- Prefer high school graduate
- Knowledge of proper use of equipment, materials and supplies
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule.
- Ability to lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods and perform strenuous physical labor sometimes under adverse conditions.
- Must be able to verbally communicate, understand and write in the English language
- Ability to use equipment and tools properly and safely
- Must be available to work flexible hours and weekends
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, stand or walk for prolonged periods of time. The employee is required to use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms on a repetitive basis. The employee must be able to lift, bend, stoop, push/pull exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds frequently and/or up to 20 pounds constantly to move objects. Requires visual acuity to review written documentations; ability to hear and understand speech. There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level. There is exposure to a variety of physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, and exposure to heat/cold temperature changes.
Prairie Farms is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
Designing better ways to work through cutting-edge products, premium services and exceptional experiences that enable people to reach their full potential. HR, Talent, Time Management, Benefits and Payroll. Informed by data and designed for people.
ADP hires in over 26 countries around the world for a variety of amazing careers. We’re reimagining what it means to work, and doing so in profound ways. At ADP, we say that we’re Always Designing for People, starting with our own.