Performs basic diagnostics, service repairs and maintenance work on customer and/or dealer-owned agricultural and turf equipment. May require some direction or guidance from the Service Manager, Shop Foreman or senior technicians.
- Performs basic diagnostics and repairs on agricultural and turf equipment and established Ag Management Solutions (AMS) products
- Participates in Service EDUCATE Training programs required for the development of skills and knowledge
- Maintains current knowledge of John Deere and competitive products
- Maintains condition of vehicles, inventory, tools and equipment
- Maintains a clean work area and performs work in a neat and orderly fashion
- Follows all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments
- Completes all reports and forms required in conjunction with work assignments
- Accounts for all time and all material used in performing assigned duties
Experience, Education, Skills and Knowledge:
- 1+ years experience performing service repairs
- Ability to perform basic repairs and maintenance using special tools and equipment following Technical Manual procedures on machines of the Technicians specialty
- Proficient knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems used in the repair of agricultural and turf equipment
- Ability to operate vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes
- Ability to use Service Advisor and basic computer functions
- Ability to lift at least 75 lbs. repeatedly
- Basic Service Technician certification preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience required; Associates degree preferred
- Valid drivers license required
- Fork lift license preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.While performing the job duties, the employee must regularly lift and/or move 75 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Prolonged periods of standing and/or sitting. Ability to reach, stoop, kneel, and bend as needed. Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions of this position. Job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities.
LandMark is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer promoted to a diverse workforce.
Red Cloud, NE
We at John Deere are passionate about finding a way to give back to those who have served our Country. Working for a John Deere dealership or factory is bigger than just a job. It's growth in oneself, on a path to achieving all you hoped to accomplish. It's pride in your community, from the first customer you serve to supporting the community. It's knowing that what you do helps to feed, clothe, and shelter the world. It all starts with you. Starting here. Starting now!
Interested in joining the industry's best? At John Deere, veterans will find:
• A higher sense of purpose – helping those the farmers and infra-structure workers that feed and shelter the world
• A team-based environment focused on supporting the customer
• A never-ending desire for continuous improvement - We are looking for leaders, change agents, different perspectives
• Market leading pay and benefits
John Deere actively welcomes transitioning active duty service members to participate in internship opportunities at our dealership and factory locations across the United States. Timing of the internship is mutually agreed upon between the service member, her/his commander. Potential opportunities include:
• Dealer technicians – Nationwide opportunities
• Factory production roles at 16 major facilities– assembly, welders, machinists, skilled trades
• Support roles – IT, supply chain, logistics, engineering, human resources
How to apply:
Check out our open opportunities to the right for more information and to apply.
Once you click ‘Apply Now’, John Deere will receive a notification with your information. In order to be considered for next steps, please make sure you have an updated resume uploaded to your RecruitMilitary profile. Once John Deere reviews your resume and profile, a recruiter will reach out to provide you with more information and to schedule you for an interview.
Discuss Your Career Options with a Veteran at John Deere Today!
All interested service members and veterans can learn more and fill out a contact card at https://www.deere.com/MilitaryCSP. We will connect you with a John Deere veteran to discuss all potential options/matches.