Resident Service Engineer - Joliet, IL (Wknd Dayshift) - Military Veterans
at Packsize, Inc.
Resident Service Engineer - Joliet, IL | Dayshift Wknd (6am - 6:30pm FRI to SUN) | Sign On Bonus
Packsize is redefining the way businesses and their customers use and experience packaging around the world. We build the technology, design the right solutions, and automate the processes that propel the industry forward. To us, packaging is much more than a box-it's delivering what's right for our customers, their customers, our people, and the planet.
About the Role
A Packsize Resident Service Engineer will install, configure and maintain Packsize equipment solutions onsite at a designated customer's facilities. They must be a creative problem solver with the ability to identify, analyze, maintain and repair complex mechanical equipment and answer difficult customer questions about product features. A Resident Service Engineer will perform start-up testing and deliver customer training on product capabilities, features and general maintenance of the product. They will build and maintain a strong, trust-based customer relationship with their assigned customer(s) and will work closely with other supporting Packsize team members to provide exceptional customer service.
Good To Know
- Shift: 6am-6:30pm Friday-Sunday
- Location: Joliet, IL
- Salary: $70 - $80k DOE
- Sign On Bonus: $2,500
- Customer On-Site
- Support cutting edge technology to help a fortune 50 customer lead in the ecommerce space.
- Utilize your existing or newly acquired electro mechanical skills, "hands on" to help the customer exceed shared production targets.
- Implement your existing or acquired knowledge in a high tech manufacturing environment to help the customer attain KPI targets.
- Troubleshoot issues, quickly and effectively, using technical drawings and documentation
- Work cross-functionally with R&D, Software and Quality Engineering teams
- Perform planned or reactive maintenance onsite in a high tech, manufacturing environment.
- Implement existing or newly acquired lean disciplines and principles , to support optimal throughput targets.
- Implement existing or acquired solutioning knowledge to help our customers optimize their Packsize investment.
- Installation of Packsize solutions and training others to use and maintain it
- Basic clerical and administrative duties, including timely reading and responding to emails, preparing and submitting expense reports, making travel arrangements, writing detailed technical reports, etc.
- Responsively and productively communicate information and ideas with Packsize and customer's personnel so they will understand. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Adhere to all Packsize and customer's safety requirements, and safety protocols related to exposed moving parts and electricity
- Excellent work ethic and time management skills
What You'll Bring
- Customer service driven
- CMMS (computerized maintenance management system) experience preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of Windows platforms
- Knowledge of and effective use of hand tools
- Knowledge of mechanical, pneumatic, and electrical machine maintenance and troubleshooting
- Ability to work independently with little or no direct supervision
- Basic Microsoft (Excel, Word) or Google Suite (Sheets, Docs) experience is helpful, but not required
- Bachelor's Degree, Vocational Training, or equivalent experience required
Working Environment and Physical Demands
- Communicate with others to exchange information
- Work within a production facility, warehouse, or manufacturing environment
- Move yourself in different positions to accomplish tasks in various environments, including tight and confined spaces
- Convey yourself great distances within and around various work sites and from one work site to another
- Remain in a stationary position, often standing for prolonged periods.
- Work in a noisy environment at various temperatures
- Move objects (equipment, machinery, and products) weighing up to 50 lbs
- Ascend and descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, steps stools, and the like
- Perform tasks that require you to bend, stretch, push, pull, carry, and reach
- All work is performed on-site at customer's facilities
- Available on-call
- Overnight travel may be required, for initial and periodic training
- Ability to travel by vehicle or airplane, domestically.
What We Offer
The salary range for this role is [$70,000 - $80,000 USD]; however, Packsize considers several factors when determining compensation when extending a job offer, including but not limited to, the role being offered, the associated responsibilities, the candidate's prior work experience, education/training, and any special skills.
If this role excites you but you don't meet each requirement listed, we encourage you to apply anyway. At Packsize, we welcome applicants of all backgrounds and experiences and understand that the best candidates may come from the most unlikely of places.
Packsize is an Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, Packsize policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran's status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Packsize International is the award-winning supply chain and sustainable packaging industry leader in North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific. Packsize introduced On Demand Packaging® in 2002. Today, as a multinational manufacturer of advanced packaging systems and automated packaging machine technology, Packsize B2B customers receive a tailored pre-configured packaging system and optimized workflow designed to deliver the scalable performance and reliability needed for highly efficient packaging environments. Our corrugated machine systems, proprietary software, workflow design solutions, and services deliver Right-sized Packaging on Demand®. Packsize customers increase B2C engagement, satisfaction, and loyalty while improving their supply chain and sustainability requirements. Packsize Right-sized Packaging on Demand® solves both the rising price of paper and demand dilemmas that prompt unsustainable shipping practices. The right-sized box has become the preferred choice by reducing the consumption of corrugated and waste through the ability to size the shipping container to the product order.