Warranty Clerk - Doggett Heavy Machinery Svcs - Houston, TX - Military Veterans
at John Deere
This is an entry level position in the centralized Warranty Department for Doggett (Heavy) Machinery Services and Doggett Crane Services. In this role you would be working with a team of other Warranty Administrators to assist warranty functions between the corporate office, 16 satellite locations, and several equipment manufacturers.
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude at all times
- Interact with manufacturers regarding various warranty functions, including but not limited to:
- Pre-Delivery Inspections
- Conversion Forms
- Warranty Registrations
- Post-Delivery Inspections
- Change of Ownership
- Data entry for Parts Warranty Requests
- Reviews and responds to open work orders designated for warranty as per company policies
- Prepare warranty orders to be processed by gathering, sorting, organizing, and recording data, information, and documents electronically
- Evaluates warranty by comparing work performed to applicable warranties
- Meets company standards as they pertain to timely submission of warranty claims
- Maintain communications with branch personnel via our Dealer Business System (CDK) and Warranty Help Desk Ticketing System (ServiceDesk)
- Monitors claims returned for more information or rejected
- Participate in prescribed training opportunities, online or in person
- High school diploma required
- Associates Degree or Bachelor's Degree in business preferred
- 2+ years of relevant experience preferred, from either a service or warranty role in either the heavy equipment or automotive industry
- Proficient computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Excel, is preferred
- Competency with math and essential financial calculations for invoicing
- Online billing experience
- Excellent customer service/communication skills required
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to address problems and facilitate successful outcomes
- Ability to accept additional tasks, duties and/or direction from management
- Ability to read, interpret, and speak English; Spanish a plus
- Has a focus on quality
- Possesses integrity
Physical Demands consist of sitting, stooping, kneeling, reaching, lifting, standing, walking, typing, talking, hearing and traveling.
The Warranty Clerk must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation efficiently and accurately, and without causing significant safety threat to self or others. The statements made herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive and inclusive list of all responsibilities, duties, and/or skills required of personnel so classified.
Doggett is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We at John Deere are passionate about finding a way to give back to those who have served our Country. Working for a John Deere dealership or factory is bigger than just a job. It's growth in oneself, on a path to achieving all you hoped to accomplish. It's pride in your community, from the first customer you serve to supporting the community. It's knowing that what you do helps to feed, clothe, and shelter the world. It all starts with you. Starting here. Starting now!
Interested in joining the industry's best? At John Deere, veterans will find:
• A higher sense of purpose – helping those the farmers and infra-structure workers that feed and shelter the world
• A team-based environment focused on supporting the customer
• A never-ending desire for continuous improvement - We are looking for leaders, change agents, different perspectives
• Market leading pay and benefits
John Deere actively welcomes transitioning active duty service members to participate in internship opportunities at our dealership and factory locations across the United States. Timing of the internship is mutually agreed upon between the service member, her/his commander. Potential opportunities include:
• Dealer technicians – Nationwide opportunities
• Factory production roles at 16 major facilities– assembly, welders, machinists, skilled trades
• Support roles – IT, supply chain, logistics, engineering, human resources
How to apply:
Check out our open opportunities to the right for more information and to apply.
Once you click ‘Apply Now’, John Deere will receive a notification with your information. In order to be considered for next steps, please make sure you have an updated resume uploaded to your RecruitMilitary profile. Once John Deere reviews your resume and profile, a recruiter will reach out to provide you with more information and to schedule you for an interview.
Discuss Your Career Options with a Veteran at John Deere Today!
All interested service members and veterans can learn more and fill out a contact card at https://www.deere.com/MilitaryCSP. We will connect you with a John Deere veteran to discuss all potential options/matches.