Sr Environmental Specialist - Hybrid - Military Veterans
at Constellation Energy
As the nation's largest producer of clean, carbon-free energy, Constellation is a company purpose-built to meet the challenges of the climate crisis. Constellation has been the leader in clean energy production for more than a decade. Now, we're accelerating, speeding our low-carbon or no-carbon power to more people in more places, day and night, providing our customers and communities with options to buy, manage and use energy as part of their decarbonization mission. The race is on to confront the climate crisis and Constellation is ready to meet the challenge.
Constellation has been the leader in carbon-free energy production for more than a decade, and generates 50% more clean, carbon-free electricity than any other company in America. We're generating power 24/7 with the nation's largest emission-free nuclear energy fleet, providing enough clean energy to power 15 million homes. Constellation offers customers a range of clean, zero-carbon energy solutions to help reduce their carbon footprint and achieve their sustainability goals.
We are committed to advancing diversity, equity and inclusion and believe in attracting, retaining and advancing employees who will best serve and represent our customers, partners and communities. We provide a workplace that ensures mutual respect, where each individual has the opportunity to grow and contribute at their greatest potential. Constellation will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and power a successful career.
Constellation offers a wide range of benefits, designed to help our employees thrive professionally and personally. In addition to highly competitive salaries, we offer a bonus program, 401(k) with company match, employee stock purchase program; comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits, including a robust wellness program; paid time off for vacation, holidays and sick days; and much more.
Expected salary range of $110,700 to $123,000, varies based on experience, along with comprehensive benefits package that includes bonus and 401(k).
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Responsible for providing independent technical, regulatory, program support, and expertise on Constellation Nuclear Environmental compliance issues and projects in all relevant environmental areas. Serve as the program owner and administrator working with functional areas for assigned programs that directly affect the compliance status of the facility (e.g., Air Permits, DOT shipment of hazardous wastes, NPDES permits, hazardous waste and non-hazardous waste regulations, storage tanks, drinking water, SPCC, SARA/EPRA, ISO 14001/EMS, OSHA chemical safety, hazmat). Supports the Reg Assurance Manager, participates in the stewardship committee and actively advocates for environmental programs. Attends and presents at leadership meetings. Responsible for working with industry trade groups and regulatory agencies to increase knowledge base and influence programs, projects and regulations. Develops relationships with stakeholders and is recognized by peers in at least one program area as a subject matter expert. Works to develop expertise in additional program areas, as appropriate. Develops and provides environmental training to station personnel as needed. With the assistance of others, interacts with regulatory officials providing tours and obtains approvals, permits, certifications, and licenses relating to Environmental projects, pollution control systems, or waste management activities.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Responsible for providing technical guidance in assigned programs. Provides regulatory support for all environmental program areas as necessary. Maintains environmental contracts as assigned. Responsible to represent the Stations during environmental audits conducted by both internal and external organizations. (50%)
- React to and assist the station and fleet in responding to emergent environmental issues. (25%)
- Manage environmental projects including development of scope, solicitation of proposals, proposal evaluation, soliciting funding, project timeline, budget and deliverables. (10%)
- Serve as technical expert to support and participate in representing Constellation Nuclear in meetings with regulatory agencies, engineering consultants, Legal Counsel (internal and external) and serve on technical committees as assigned. (7%)
- Reviews, evaluates and interprets new and existing environmental regulations and legislation pertaining to Constellation Nuclear operations and activities. Updates procedures to reflect regulatory requirements, as appropriate. (5%)
- Participate in ERO and duty rotations on a minimum four (4) week frequency. (2%)
- Support and perform the evaluation of new technology, processes, and programs and recommend specific actions for Constellation Nuclear operations. (1%)
- Recognized subject matter expert in at least one environmental program area
- Interacts with industry trade groups and regulatory agencies to influence outcomes and increase knowledge base.
- Supports station in working with outside regulatory agencies, environmental interest groups, and industry groups.
- Review and internally communicates proposed/pending environmental regulations and guidance policies.
- Ability to develop in-depth knowledge of Environmental Laws and Regulations.
- Be knowledge of environmental principles and techniques.
- Must have a BS in Environmental Eng.; Chemical Eng.; Biology; Env. Science; Env Studies; Geology or related program equivalent degree as approved by the Env. CFAM
- Minimum 8 years' experience working with environmental programs (i.e., Clean Air Act; Clean Water Act; Safe Drinking Water Act; SARA; RCRA; and/or other environmental program areas). Minimum 3-years' experience with regulatory negotiations. Demonstrated knowledge of multi-media Federal and State Environmental statutes and regulations.
- Experience presenting issues and advocating positions.
- Graduate degree or graduate work in engineering; hard sciences; Law or business is preferred.
- Experience in the nuclear utility industry.
- Professional certification or other recognition.
Constellation is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Kennett Square, PA
We are the nation’s largest producer of carbon-free energy and the leading competitive retail supplier of power and energy products and services for homes and businesses across the United States. Headquartered in Baltimore, our generation fleet powers more than 20 million homes and is helping to accelerate the nation’s transition to clean energy with more than 32,400 megawatts of capacity and annual output that is 90 percent carbon-free.
Already the lowest carbon emitter of any major investor-owned U.S. generator, we have set a goal to eliminate 100 percent of our greenhouse gas emissions by leveraging innovative technology and enhancing our diverse mix of hydro, wind and solar resources, paired with the nation’s largest carbon-free nuclear fleet.
Our family of retail businesses serves approximately 2 million residential, public sector and business customers, including three-fourths of the Fortune 100. We are helping these customers reach their own climate goals through innovative clean energy solutions, including an upcoming, new 24/7 carbon-free energy matching product.
To further advance the fight against the climate crisis and accelerate the transition to a carbon-free future, we have set own ambitious climate goals, including:
- 95% carbon-free electricity by 2030
- 100% carbon-free electricity by 2040
- 100% reduction of operations-driven emissions by 2040
- Providing 100 percent of our business customers with customized data to help them reduce their own carbon footprints.
As we work towards these goals, we will continue to serve as a leading supporter of our communities through workforce development programs; philanthropy; volunteerism; and diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives; while maintaining the highest standards of corporate governance.