Skilled Maintenance Tool and Die Team Member - Military Veterans
Who we are
Collaborative. Respectful. A place to dream and do. These are just a few words that describe what life is like at Toyota. As one of the world's most admired brands, Toyota is growing and leading the future of mobility through innovative, high-quality solutions designed to enhance lives and delight those we serve. We're looking for diverse, talented team members who want to Dream. Do. Grow. with us.
To save time applying, Toyota does not offer sponsorship of job applicants for employment-based visas or any other work authorization for this position at this time.
Who we're looking for
Toyota's General Maintenance Department is looking for a passionate and highly motivated Tool and Die Maintenance Technician. The primary responsibility of this role is preventative maintenance on electrical and mechanical equipment in accordance with standards.
What we Offer
- Starting hourly rate of $32.00 and top out grow-in $43.20.
- Shift hours: 1st 6:00AM - 2:45PM, 2nd 2:00 PM - 10:45PM, 3rd 10:00PM - 6:45AM
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, as well as tuition reimbursement
- Excellent health care & wellness plans for your entire family
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Work environment built on teamwork and respect
What you'll be doing
Reporting to the Stamping / Die Manufacturing Supervisor, the person in this role will support Toyota Motor's Manufacturing Mississippi (TMMMS) manufacturing operation and the department's objective by participating in problem solving and continuously improving safety, quality and productivity.
- Perform welding, grinding, operate cranes, machining, & fabrication.
- Problem solve and continuously improving safety, quality and productivity. Perform preventative maintenance on stamping dies according to standardized procedures.
- Perform machining and fabricating on stamping dies for repair or improvement.
- Troubleshooting die performance in stamping press to resolve or enhance formability issues.
- Perform die modifications for surface quality and accuracy.
- Work in a diverse team towards a common goal.
- Occasionally travel to support off site activities at NAMC's and Toyota affiliates.
What you bring
- Experience building and/or maintaining high volume casting (or stamping) dies, welding ability, and machining
- Experience in industrial maintenance and/or military experience
- Some electrical and mechanical knowledge
- Demonstrated success in troubleshooting and problem-solving
- Technical knowledge and skills in the following areas: Tool & Die, Welding, Machining
- Available to work any shift including overtime, holidays, weekends, and shutdowns
Added bonus if you have:
- Outer surface panel experience
- Perform basic administrative skills including documentation of work performed by written/electronic methods
- Ability to problem solve and continuously improve safety, quality, and productivity
Belonging at Toyota
Our success begins and ends with our people. We embrace diverse perspectives and value unique human experiences. Respect for all is our North Star. Toyota is proud to have 10+ different Business Partnering Groups across 100 different North American chapter locations that support team members' efforts to dream, do and grow without questioning that they belong. As a company that has been one of DiversityInc's Top 50 Companies for Diversity and a member of The Billion Dollar Roundtable supporting minority and woman-owned suppliers for over 10 years, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business.
Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Have a question or need assistance with your application? Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Blue Springs, MS
The Toyota Way
We aspire to realize the vision of Mobility for All, while pursuing our mission to Produce Happiness for All through creating the value of the Toyota Way based on our spirit of foundation. This is the path to an ideal society, and it’s pioneered by each and every team member.
Investing in Our Heroes is an Investment in Our Country
We are proud to assemble our vehicles in America – investing in this country and the people who make this nation great. And we are also investing in our nation’s heroes by helping them find work after their valued service.
Toyota Veterans Association
Toyota Veterans Association provides advocacy and support for Toyota veterans and active military servicemen and women by educating Toyota associates on the many important contributions and sacrifices made by veterans.
How To Apply:
1) View our open postions on the RecruitMilitary Job Board
2) When you click Apply, you will be re-directed to our careers site
3) Please continue the application process on our careers site and submit