Director, National Engineering Environmental Specialist - Military Veterans
at The RMR Group LLC
We are looking for a qualified environmental specialist to join our National Engineering Team. In this role, you will conduct on-site facility inspections of RMR-managed properties throughout the country to ensure businesses are adhering to local, regional, state, and federal regulations. Provide technical support and training to our engineering staff throughout the territories. Being the expert on all things environmental, collaborate with the national engineering team, acquisitions, dispositions, and legal teams on environmental issues as they arise. Assist in the development, implementation, and evaluation of property management best practices.
- Assist with environmental due diligence services for national projects throughout the portfolio.
- Liaise with staff to schedule due diligence property site inspections, review Phase I ESA reports, and conduct third-party and desktop database reviews.
- Review and comment on third party environmental reports.
- Assist with environmental services for acquisitions, dispositions and financing.
- Assist with environmental liabilities review and comment.
- Review and recommend improvements to existing environmental programs for compliance assurance.
- Stay updated with local, state, and federal environmental regulations, to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Assist in the implementation and tracking of procedures related to preparing permit applications and agreements as needed by regulatory agencies.
- Support LEED certification efforts for energy performance and Indoor Environmental Quality (EQ) Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) Management Program by performing Level 1 energy audits and I-BEAM audits. Assist with ensuring low-cost/no-cost measures are implemented and IAQ program meets requirements.
- Conduct and review indoor environmental conditions assessments for Energy Star certifications.
- Provide direction and support for Territory teams to address environmental incidents such as chemical or fuel leaks and spills.
- Degreed engineer with a minimum of 10 years of direct experience in environmental operations, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Bachelor's degree in environmental science or relevant field.
- Experience with Environmental Site Assessments (ESA's).
- Knowledge of Energy Star Labeling of buildings and the USGBC LEED certification programs.
- In-depth knowledge of standards, code and regulatory requirements such as, ASHRAE, EPA and OSHA, which include ventilation air, occupant comfort, Asbestos O&M plans, NESHAPS requirements.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint is required.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems quickly, present complex data in order to facilitate analysis and decision-making.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to travel.
The RMR Group (Nasdaq: RMR) is a leading U.S. alternative asset management company, unique for its focus on commercial real estate (CRE) and related businesses. RMR's vertical integration is supported by nearly 600 real estate professionals in over 30 offices nationwide who manage over $37 billion in assets under management and leverage 35 years of institutional experience in buying, selling, financing and operating CRE. RMR benefits from a scalable platform, a deep and experienced management team and a diversity of direct real estate strategies across its clients.
RMR's mission is to create long term value for our clients by managing their investments and assets "like we own it" - an approach that consistently and repeatedly generates opportunities for all our employees, investors and stakeholders. We are guided by six core values:
- Integrity at Our Core.
- Perform Passionately and Effectively.
- Inspired Thinking.
- Like We Own It.
- Power of We.
- Mutual Respect.
RMR has been rated a Top Place to Work by The Boston Globe and GlobeSt.com, and has been recognized by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) International and the Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM), among others (listed here), as a CRE industry leader.
Visit our website to learn more about what makes The RMR Group a rewarding place to build a career.
Follow RMR on LinkedIn, on Instagram @thermrgroup and on Twitter @TheRMRGroup.
The RMR Group is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here. If you'd like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.
The RMR Group LLC, or RMR, is a leading U.S. alternative asset management company, unique for its focus on commercial real estate (CRE) and related businesses. It conducts substantially all business for its parent company, The RMR Group Inc. (Nasdaq: RMR). RMR’s vertical integration is strengthened by more than 600 real estate professionals in over 30 offices nationwide who manage $32 billion in assets under management and leverage more than 30 years of institutional experience in buying, selling, financing and operating CRE. RMR benefits from a scalable platform, a deep and experienced management team and a diversity of real estate strategies across its client companies. Recently, RMR has been recognized by The Boston Globe as a “Top Place to Work”, by Fortune magazine as one of the “100 Fastest Growing Companies”, by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) as an “ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year”, by Boston Business Journal as the “Fastest Growing Middle Market Company in Massachusetts” and ranked 9th on Commercial Property Executive’s Top Commercial Property Management Companies. RMR is headquartered in Newton, MA and was founded in 1986.