Instructor - Indianapolis, Indiana - Military Veterans
at Public Consulting Group, Inc.
Instructor - Indianapolis, Indiana
Job Locations US-IN-Indianapolis
Posted Date 1 week ago (11/30/2023 8:58 AM)
Job ID 2023-9639
# of Openings 1
Type Regular Part-Time
Practice Area Education Services
About Public Consulting Group
Public Consulting Group LLC (PCG) is a leading public sector solutions implementation and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986, PCG employs approximately 2,000 professionals throughout the U.S.-all committed to delivering solutions that change lives for the better. The firm is a member of a family of companies with experience in all 50 states, and clients in six Canadian provinces and Europe. PCG offers clients a multidisciplinary approach to meet challenges, pursue opportunities, and serve constituents across the public sector. To learn more, visit www.publicconsultinggroup.com .
Indianapolis, Indiana School District
Instructors work with consultant to deliver direct instruction to students in the areas of communication, life skills, and pre-employment skills.
The instructor is responsible for identifying and increasing a student's strengths, interests, and abilities related to employment skills acquisition and job development; and is responsible for ensuring that the students learn competitive, marketable skills during their work experiences.
These are contract positions that follow the school calendar for workdays. (180-185 days)
Potential Summer and school vacation opportunities to work if school district offers extend educational opportunities.
- Assess the learning strengths and areas of development and interests of the student.
- With the student's input and the results of the assessments, develop goals and outcomes.
- Instruct students on employability skills such as but not limited to communication, technology, problem solving/critical thinking, teamwork, personal appearance, financial management, professionalism, self-determination, self-advocacy, resume' writing, interview skills, and job search.
- Assist the student in developing a portfolio to include certificates of skills attained, letters of recommendation from internships, etc.
- Utilize teaching methods, materials, curriculum fidelity, and adaptations appropriate to meet individual student's needs.
- Assess student's progress in the classroom and at the work experience site.
- Monitor and record daily attendance in class and at the work experience site.
- Teach student to inform instructor or supervisors at the work experience site of absences/tardiness.
- Assist student in training about public transportation and teach student to access public or private transportation.
- Have monthly written communication with consultant and other parties as identified and meetings.as needed.
- Provide employers at the work experience sites information about disability awareness and strategies on how to supervise individuals with disabilities.
- Maintain accurate and complete files for each student.
- R elevant experience working in schools, with youths and students with disabilities, in a hospital setting setting, etc.
Compensation for roles at Public Consulting Group varies depending on a wide array of factors including, but not limited to, the specific office location, role, skill set, and level of experience. As required by applicable law, PCG provides the following reasonable range of compensation for this role: Up to $20.00 per hour . In addition, PCG provides a range of benefits for this role.
Public Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to celebrating diversity and intentionally creating a culture of inclusion. We believe that we work best when our employees feel empowered and accepted, and that starts by honoring each of our unique life experiences. At PCG, all aspects of employment regarding recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoff, company-sponsored training, education, and social and recreational programs are based on merit, business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, citizenship status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. PCG will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. PCG believes in health, equality, and prosperity for everyone so we can succeed in changing the ways the public sector, including health, education, technology and human services industries, work.
Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, Public Consulting Group (PCG) has nearly 2,000 professionals in over 60 offices around the U.S., in Canada, and in Europe who are dedicated to delivering leading consulting approaches and technologies to public sector clients.Who We Serve
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a management consulting firm that primarily serves public sector education, health, human services, and other state, county, and municipal government clients. Established in 1986 with headquarters in Boston, the firm has extensive experience in all 50 states, clients in six Canadian provinces, and a growing practice in the European Union.
Because PCG has dedicated itself almost exclusively to the public sector for nearly 30 years, the firm has developed a deep understanding of the legal and regulatory requirements and fiscal constraints that often dictate a public agency's ability to meet the needs of the populations it serves. We have helped numerous public sector organizations to maximize resources, make better management decisions using performance measurement techniques, improve business processes, improve federal and state compliance, and improve client outcomes. Many of PCG's nearly 2,000 employees have extensive experience and subject matter knowledge in a range of government-related topics, from child welfare, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), Welfare to Work (WtW), and Medicaid and Medicare policy to special education, literacy and learning, and school-based health finance. PCG's current work includes more than 1,000 active contracts in more than 40 states.
PCG has five designated practice areas which each have a proven track record of achieving desired results for clients. The firm often combines resources from two or more practice areas to offer a multidisciplinary approach to solve a client's challenge or pursue an opportunity.