Carolinas Field Engineer 2023-24 - Military Veterans
at Turner Construction Company
Position Description: Assigned to a field operations team to assist in obtaining, evaluating and coordinating information needed to construct the project in accordance with contract documents and to assure work meets all safety standards, is within schedule requirements, and is constructed to the highest level of quality possible.
Reports to: Project Superintendent or Superintendents
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform line and grade work for building layout and control as required.
- Assist in implementation of site safety program as required.
- Ensure subcontractor compliance with Turner safety standards and applicable safety codes and regulations.
- Assist in maintenance of contract documents and electronic web-based documents for field operations.
- Assist in preparation of Daily Construction Reports (DCR’s).
- Review work as it is being placed to be sure it is accurate within accepted tolerances.
- Review contract drawings, specifications, and shop drawings to ensure proper coordination and installation.
- Assist in preparation of project as-builts.
- Assist in protection and promotion of interests of Turner and in related matters.
- Other activities, duties, and responsibilities as assigned.
- Two years of college education from accredited degree program in Engineering, Construction or relevant education
- Building construction, engineering, or equivalent experience, preferred
- Must have good interpersonal skills and ability to work within a team
- Demonstrate initiative and desire to learn
- Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing
- Proficient with computer applications, data entry, and Microsoft suite of applications
- Basic understanding of scheduling programs, desired
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands, talk, and hear. The employee frequently views a computer monitor and frequently uses a computer keyboard. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is regularly required to be mobile, and the employee occasionally travels both short and long distances via a variety of conveyances. The employee occasionally performs work on-site at construction work sites, office locations, and/or off-site venues. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office or remote setting. The noise in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate in an office setting. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally work at construction work sites where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts, high precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, and risk of electrical shock. The noise in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. The employee is required to work in compliance with company safety policies, procedures, and applicable laws.
Turner is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities/ sexual orientation / gender identity. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Turner is a North American-based, international construction services company and is a leading builder in diverse market segments. The company has earned recognition for undertaking large, complex projects, fostering invocation, embracing emerging technologies, and making a difference for their clients, employees and community.
With a staff of 5,200 employees, the company completes 10 billion of construction on 1,500 projects each year. Turner offers clients the accessibility and support of a local firm with the stability and resources of a multi-national organization.
To be the highest value provider of global constriction services and technical expertise.