Packsize is a leading automation company that enables more efficient and sustainable packaging process flows from packing to unboxing. We're propelling our customers and the industry forward, always looking to innovate and improve. Because, to us, packaging is about much more than a box, it's about delivering what's right, for our customers, for their customers and our planet.
About the Role
Packsize is looking for a creative, motivated, and driven individual with an interest in technology that learns quickly and enjoys solving problems. Training on our equipment will be provided for all individuals and specific training in certain areas may be provided to the right individual. Maintaining an enjoyable working environment for all team members is critical so we're looking for individuals wanting to work with awesome technology and cool people.
The Machine Technician will assist the Louisville, KY team in providing an incredible customer experience by having our equipment arrive at their site configured to operate at the highest level of efficiency. The Machine Technician will work with programmers, engineers, and manufacturers to ensure equipment is fully functional and they may manufacture, fabricate, operate and repair machines, tools, accessories, and other equipment to assist in providing that world-class customer experience while creating a healthier planet.
What You'll Do
- Manage machine inventory from uninstalls to installs
- Configure machines and accessories prior to shipment to customers
- Identify and diagnose problems with machinery, accessories, and equipment
- Problem-solving tasks may include resolving mechanical/software issues, resolving operating system bugs, and reinstalling software or hardware
- Assemble/disassemble machinery, accessories, and equipment as needed
- Identify and repair or replace broken or malfunctioning components
- Perform tests and run initial batches to ensure machines are running efficiently
- Adjust and calibrate equipment and machinery to optimal specifications
- Clean and lubricate equipment or machinery
- Perform monthly counts to ensure inventory accuracy
- Be a good teammate
- Good organizational skills
- Follows processes and procedures
- Learns quickly
- Always perform duties safely
- Excellent work ethic and time management skills, accessible via telephone, and promptly returns email and phone messages
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline or relevant experience
- Machine technician and/or preventative maintenance experience
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with G-Suite and/or Microsoft Office products
- Experience with shipping, receiving, and inventorying machines/goods
The salary range for this role is 45,000USD - 65,000 USD; however, Packsize considers several factors when determining compensation when extending a job offer, including but not limited to, the role being offered, the associated responsibilities, the candidate's prior work experience, education/training, and any special skills.
If this role excites you but you don't meet each requirement listed, we encourage you to apply anyway. At Packsize, we welcome applicants of all backgrounds and experiences and understand that the best candidates may come from the most unlikely of places.
Packsize is an Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, Packsize policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran's status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Packsize International is the award-winning supply chain and sustainable packaging industry leader in North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific. Packsize introduced On Demand Packaging® in 2002. Today, as a multinational manufacturer of advanced packaging systems and automated packaging machine technology, Packsize B2B customers receive a tailored pre-configured packaging system and optimized workflow designed to deliver the scalable performance and reliability needed for highly efficient packaging environments. Our corrugated machine systems, proprietary software, workflow design solutions, and services deliver Right-sized Packaging on Demand®. Packsize customers increase B2C engagement, satisfaction, and loyalty while improving their supply chain and sustainability requirements. Packsize Right-sized Packaging on Demand® solves both the rising price of paper and demand dilemmas that prompt unsustainable shipping practices. The right-sized box has become the preferred choice by reducing the consumption of corrugated and waste through the ability to size the shipping container to the product order.