Product Development Team Leader - Military Veterans
at PPG Industries, Inc.
Product Development Team Leader
PPG Industries Milford Ohio
PPG Packaging Coatings is seeking a committed and passionate Team Leader for our Product Development Chemistry team; based in Milford/Cincinnati and reporting directly to the Senior Technical Manager. this crucial leadership role requires a blend of scientific expertise, project management skills, mechanical aptitude, and a passion for innovation and product development. As the Product Development Team Leader, you will not only engage hands-on at the bench but also lead high-level projects, training, and daily team activities. Y ou will play a vital role in the professional development of your team. Through your commitment to scientific exploration and team success, you will help drive our mission of creating industry-leading coating solutions.
• Foster a symbiotic relationship with the polymer chemist team; the team responsible for synthesizing the initial polymer, which your team then evaluates and uses in product development. Use high-tech machinery to develop and test products, guaranteeing their robustness and suitability for various applications.
• A key aspect of your role will involve initiating a feedback loop with the polymer team for continuous improvements based on your team's findings and product development needs. This constant collaboration ensures a cycle of continuous refinement, culminating in high-quality, innovative coating solutions.
• Develop an in-depth understanding of the resin process, despite not being directly involved in resin production.
• Regularly visit manufacturing sites and customer locations to gain a better understanding of the business and application processes, ensuring your team's understanding of real-world challenges and requirements.
• Lead by example, working hands-on in the lab, conducting research, creating formulations, testing, and establishing product applications.
• Manage and oversee high-level projects from start to finish, assuming responsibility for all aspects ranging from research to testing and application.
• Coordinate the team's daily activities, encouraging a collaborative and creative environment.
• PhD or Masters in Chemistry or Engineering.
• Subject matter expertise in formulation chemistry is necessary.
• Leadership skills, with experience in managing teams and coordinating work and training.
• Mechanical aptitude and hands-on experience operating lab equipment.
• Ability to multitask and adapt in a fast-paced environment.
• Eagerness to maintain a hands-on role in the lab, fostering a proactive and committed team culture.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively lead, inspire, and collaborate with a diverse team.
Here at PPG we make it happen, and we seek candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our values, with the commitment and drive to strive today to do better than yesterday - everyday.
PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD™
Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
The PPG Way
Every single day at PPG:
We partner with customers to create mutual value.
We are "One PPG" to the world.
We trust our people every day, in every way.
We make it happen.
We run it like we own it.
We do better today than yesterday - everyday.
PPG provides equal opportunity to all candidates and employees. We offer an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. If you need assistance to complete your application due to a disability, please email email@example.com.
PPG values your feedback on our recruiting process. We encourage you to visit Glassdoor.com and provide feedback on the process so that we can do better today than yesterday.
Benefits will be discussed with you by your recruiter during the hiring process.
A fortune 500 company named one of the “Worlds most Admired Companies” by Forbes magazine, PPG Industries provides added value to customers in construction, consumer products, industrial and transportation markets through innovative coating and specialty surface products. PPG Industries is a leader in its markets and is excited to introduce new career opportunities to our nations veterans!
Our continued emphasis on the development of breakthrough products and processes, investment in highly productive manufacturing facilities and profitable global expansion combine to provide customers with the best services and products of the highest quality. We are committed to providing a fulfilling workplace for our employees, creating an environment for continuous learning and embracing the ideas and diversity of others. Bring your unique military life experience to PPG!
- Paid Time Off
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Comprehensive 401k Plan
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Development Program
- Sick Leave
What Happens After I Apply?
Once you click ‘Apply Now’ on a PPG Industries job posting, you will either be re-directed to fill out an application on PPG's career page or be given a confirmation of submission. If you get redirected, please complete the application on the career page and make sure you have an updated resume uploaded to your RecruitMilitary profile. Once PPG Industries reviews your resume and profile, a recruiter will reach out to provide you with more information and to schedule you for an interview.
How to Win an Interview
1. Review the job description for the specific position you are applying for.
2. Review the company website. Know their mission and values. What do they do? What are their products?
3. Prepare a few questions to ask on your interview.
4. Prepare to discuss your military or civilian background and how it relates to the position.
5. Check out the RecruitMilitary Resources tab for resume guidance, interview prep and more!