Contract Negotiator/ Portfolio Exec - Pharmacy Sourcing - Military Veterans
at Vizient, Inc.
When you're the best, we're the best. We instill an environment where employees feel engaged, satisfied and able to contribute their unique skills and talents while living and working as their authentic selves. We provide extensive opportunities for personal and professional development, building both employee competence and organizational capability to fuel exceptional performance through an inclusive environment both now and in the future.
In this role, you will contribute to all aspects of supply chain strategic sourcing processes including market opportunity identification, strategy and portfolio development, negotiations, marketing, and implementation. Working directly with a senior portfolio executive, you will participate and learn about the competitive bid process while utilizing and developing effective negotiation skills. You will manage a portfolio of acute/non-acute agreements and develop contracting strategies to reduce spend and improve operational efficiencies, and maximize member satisfaction.
- Manage a portfolio for acute/non-acute agreements.
- Conduct product and market assessments and market research for assigned categories.
- Develop contracting strategies that will deliver unique value to support individual members, supply networks, academic medical centers as well as customers and clients in non-health care markets to include: to include: negotiating contract terms and conditions for contract renewals, amendments, addenda, and tier pricing; developing and managing portfolio budgeting and forecasting, and maintaining supplier relationships.
- Serve as a category expert for members, suppliers / distributors, Vizient field team, advisory solutions, legal, and finance for assigned portfolios.
- Partner with cross functional teams and collaborate with Analysts and colleagues to ensure alignment to member needs and market competitiveness.
- Communicates key contract changes and enhancements to internal and external key stakeholders
- Create product specific marketing approaches to increase contract utilization by members
- Seek member input from councils and / or task forces to understand member needs and incorporate into contracting initiatives for low to moderate complexity portfolios
- Participate in the competitive bid process by negotiating favorable terms and conditions.
- Implement new programmatic offerings while maintaining practical knowledge of the healthcare industry, market dynamics and new technology.
- Develop and manage relationships with members, suppliers, and alliances to ensure satisfaction through effective, timely communication and problem resolution.
- Relevant degree preferred.
- 2 or more years of experience required.
- Experience with contracts and negotiations preferred.
- Experience in a health care environment preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise in competitive bidding, and management of high profile agreements.
- Must be financially savvy with working with expense and revenue budgets.
- Excellent verbal, written presentation skills.
- Willingness to travel.
Estimated Hiring Range:
$77,400.00 - $115,050.00
This position is also incentive eligible.
Vizient has a comprehensive benefits plan! Please view our benefits here:
Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The Company is committed to equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender identity, ethnicity, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status or any other category protected by applicable law.