Senior Associate: English Learners Subject Matter Expert - Military Veterans
at Public Consulting Group, Inc.
Senior Associate: English Learners Subject Matter Expert
Job Locations US
Posted Date 1 week ago (9/20/2023 4:07 PM)
Job ID 2023-9463
# of Openings 1
Type Regular Full-Time
Practice Area Education Services
About Public Consulting Group
Public Consulting Group LLC (PCG) is a leading public sector solutions implementation and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986, PCG employs approximately 2,000 professionals throughout the U.S.-all committed to delivering solutions that change lives for the better. The firm is a member of a family of companies with experience in all 50 states, and clients in six Canadian provinces and Europe. PCG offers clients a multidisciplinary approach to meet challenges, pursue opportunities, and serve constituents across the public sector. To learn more, visit www.publicconsultinggroup.com .
PCG's Education Consulting service line seeks a n English Learners Subject Matter Expert to support the Curriculum Development and Implementation Business Line. PCG seeks an experienced English learners leader to help PCG and school districts/state departments of education across the nation improve student outcomes and instructional practices, guide district policies related to equity and the provision of supports for English learners, and support the development and implementation of high-quality curriculum and professional development. The English Learners Subject Matter Expert will actively lead and participate in the design, development, and delivery of instructional materials to support the achievement of English learners and will support teachers and district/state department of education leaders to implement related instructional practices. Specific responsibilities and skill/experience requirements are detailed below. This is a full-time, remote role, with occasional in-person meetings. Some travel may be required .
About PCG's Education Consulting Service Line
PCG's Education Consulting Service Line works with states, districts, and schools to address a wide spectrum of needs such as curriculum development, instructional resources audits, design and facilitation of professional development and professional learning communities, school improvement, and program reviews.
Project engagements have included the development of the EngageNY grades 6-12 English Language Arts curriculum for the New York State Education Department and the delivery of related implementation services across several states; the design and delivery of a system of a K-3 professional learning program for the Connecticut State Department of Education; and the creation of training and resources to support standards implementation for the Florida Department of Education. We recently collaborated with Chicago Public Schools (IL) to develop a full-year, standards-aligned digital curriculum for PK-12 English Language Arts and mathematics and are providing asynchronous and synchronous professional learning to teachers and administrators to support implementation. Currently, we are also developing a K-5 ELA curriculum in partnership with Pinellas County Schools (FL) to support their transition to the new Florida B.E.S.T standards. We are also partnering with the Texas Education Agency to develop and/or revise several curricula to respond to stakeholder feedback, including K-12 Reading Language Arts, K-6 Spanish Language Arts, K-5 Mathematics, K-5 Social Studies, K-2 Spanish Skills, K-5 Science, and K-5 Integrated (Science, Social Studies, Reading Language Arts).
Primary r esponsibilities include:
- Partner with clients, including school districts, state departments of education, and other organizations to understand their goals and provide solutions to support English l earners and instructional staff.
- Desig n , create, and guide the development of curricular materials for use by English l earners and teachers , including providing oversight of and support to curriculum development processes .
- Design, create, guide the development of, and deliver high quality online, face-to-face, and blended professional development aligned to client goals and expectations .
- Train and coach a variety of audiences, including administrators, teachers, direct service providers, and paraprofessionals, in the areas of national and state-specific standards for English l earners , instructional best practices , and curriculum design.
- Support business development activities, in close partnership with Education Consulting business line leads , through participation in proposals, demonstrations, and strategic client conversations .
- Participate in the development and dissemination of English l earners - related white papers, reports, guidance documents, blogs, training materials, and other written materials for clients , internal project teams, and the firm .
The ideal candidate will bring 10 + years of experience in a school district setting with demonstrated success as an e xcellent classroom teacher, English l earners teacher , and/or school district administrator. Further, the successful candidate will exhibit deep understanding of key policy issues and trends that affect English l earners and equity issues and possess the ability to apply these in the creation of curriculum and professional development materials.
Preferred skills and qualifications:
- Deep knowledge of best instructional practices for English l earners .
- Highly committed to improving education through a focus on students who are learning English as a second language.
- Experience developing content for delivery in learning management systems and blended settings .
- Knowledge of current trends in curriculum, teaching methods , and strategies including best practices in adult learning theory and professional development; planning and project management; and collaboration, coordination, and facilitation of work groups.
- Effective in the development of curricul ar resources , with an emphasis on integrating instructional strategies and supports for English l earners .
- Understanding of how to evaluate and improve curriculum materials for English learners .
- Ability to provide leadership to instructional designers and curriculum writers to develop high quality support materials for English learners and teachers .
- Understanding of how to evaluate, improve , and report on the effectiveness of professional development .
- Effective in teaching adults and enjoy working with diverse clients and teams .
- Positive, can-do attitude in tackling complex and persistent problems affecting schools and communities .
- Creative problem-solving ability and dedication to accomplishing goals and challenges presented by clients and management .
- Flexible, self-starter possessing intellectual curiosity .
- Strong analytical thinker.
- Ability to operate in both a team situation and autonomously with minimal supervision .
- Knowledge of group dynamics and ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences orally and in writing, including electronic media .
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, time-sensitive work environment .
- Excellent writing, verbal communication, and presentation skills .
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint, Google Classroom, Learning Management Systems, and web design software .
- A Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in English, Education , or English as a Second Language (E S L) or a related field of expertise ( Master's preferred)
- Certification in Teaching English as a Foreign Language ( TEFL ) preferred
- 10 + years of experience in a school district setting with demonstrated success as an excellent classroom teacher, English l earners teacher, and/or school district administrator
- 5 + years of developing and providing professional development, training, or coaching
- 5 + years of developing curriculum for use by others
Compensation for roles at Public Consulting Group varies depending on a wide array of factors including, but not limited to, the specific office location, role, skill set, and level of experience. As required by applicable law, PCG provides the following reasonable range of compensation for this role: $90,000 - $120,000. In addition, PCG provides a range of benefits for this role.
Public Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to celebrating diversity and intentionally creating a culture of inclusion. We believe that we work best when our employees feel empowered and accepted, and that starts by honoring each of our unique life experiences. At PCG, all aspects of employment regarding recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoff, company-sponsored training, education, and social and recreational programs are based on merit, business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, citizenship status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. PCG will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. PCG believes in health, equality, and prosperity for everyone so we can succeed in changing the ways the public sector, including health, education, technology and human services industries, work.
Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, Public Consulting Group (PCG) has nearly 2,000 professionals in over 60 offices around the U.S., in Canada, and in Europe who are dedicated to delivering leading consulting approaches and technologies to public sector clients.Who We Serve
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a management consulting firm that primarily serves public sector education, health, human services, and other state, county, and municipal government clients. Established in 1986 with headquarters in Boston, the firm has extensive experience in all 50 states, clients in six Canadian provinces, and a growing practice in the European Union.
Because PCG has dedicated itself almost exclusively to the public sector for nearly 30 years, the firm has developed a deep understanding of the legal and regulatory requirements and fiscal constraints that often dictate a public agency's ability to meet the needs of the populations it serves. We have helped numerous public sector organizations to maximize resources, make better management decisions using performance measurement techniques, improve business processes, improve federal and state compliance, and improve client outcomes. Many of PCG's nearly 2,000 employees have extensive experience and subject matter knowledge in a range of government-related topics, from child welfare, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), Welfare to Work (WtW), and Medicaid and Medicare policy to special education, literacy and learning, and school-based health finance. PCG's current work includes more than 1,000 active contracts in more than 40 states.
PCG has five designated practice areas which each have a proven track record of achieving desired results for clients. The firm often combines resources from two or more practice areas to offer a multidisciplinary approach to solve a client's challenge or pursue an opportunity.